PDA

View Full Version : USPS lost my Fox shocks :(

awsomeaussies
05-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I think I could cry:( Ok not really... but this really REALLY sucks! My LT Fox shocks and stock rear shock are no where to be found. I sent them out last Thursday Priority Mail, so Moto-Xperts could get them by Monday and they haven't recieved them yet. So I called the Post Office and they said there is no way they could track them since I didn't add Delivery Confirmation. So my boyfriend ended up calling them and got a guy that was somewhat helpful and he gave us a claim # and said someone would call us in the next day or two.... so I just got a call back from them and they don't know where it's at:mad: They said sometimes when the mail is processed the labels can get damaged and then the mail in sent to there Mail Recovery Centers in Atlanta, Georgia.... But I can't file a claim until 30 DAYS!! This friggin sucks. I'm supposed to go to the dunes for Memorial weekend and I'm sure that down the sh*ter. So who knows if or when I'm going to get my shocks back. Sorry I just had to vent a little:)

One_Bad_400
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
wow, i would be puttin my foot up someones you know what! did you do insurance? i always add the little insurance thing if what i'm shipping is important.

yellowzo3
05-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Ah man that sucks!! :mad: ...Everyone knows the people handling the package could care less about what happens to them and its a shame because people like you are counting on them to do their job. I'm angry just reading that.

I always put a few layers of packing tape over my shipping labels so if they get wet or something the water runs off instead of ruining the label. I tape the seams of the box like 10 times too. You pretty much have the prepare any packages nowadays to withstand an atomic bomb. I get worried every time I ship anything.

But that's a lot of money down the drain!! I hope everything works out for you :(

CJM
05-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Always insure, always.. I pray ya did.

awsomeaussies
05-21-2010, 06:46 PM
No insurance:( I always thought they added insurance up to a certain dollar amount, but I didn't add any more. Bad mistake on my part. I've shipped out alot of quad parts and I do all the shipping for the company I work for and I've never had a problem with loosing a package. I'm just hoping it will arrive on my doorstep soon. I did put a order form in the box with my name and number... so hopefully they'll open it and return it to me.

awsomeaussies
05-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Ah man that sucks!! :mad: ...Everyone knows the people handling the package could care less about what happens to them and its a shame because people like you are counting on them to do their job. I'm angry just reading that.

I always put a few layers of packing tape over my shipping labels so if they get wet or something the water runs off instead of ruining the label. I tape the seams of the box like 10 times too. You pretty much have the prepare any packages nowadays to withstand an atomic bomb. I get worried every time I ship anything.

But that's a lot of money down the drain!! I hope everything works out for you :(

I always tape over the labels too!! But this time the lady at the post office put the label on herself. I should've know I was doomed at that point:p

bens250ex
05-21-2010, 08:26 PM
if its something i care about gettin back i always always get insurance usually for more than its worth

05-21-2010, 09:07 PM
LMFAO! No offense but its your fault. Dont cry because for $15 you could have just collected all the money that they were worth. I just insured an ECU and Distributor valued at $700 going to California for $8.70. Sure used I can pick both up for $250 or so but the retail value is what I said $700 and thats what I would collect.

01 400EXer
05-21-2010, 09:08 PM
I recently purchased an item online and they found the package with no merchandise in it. Luckily the guy did get the delivery confimation and was able to track it and get reimbursed as well as him reimbursing me. I think I will stick to UPS or FedEx from now on and request something other than USPS for items purchased.

CJM
05-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Be forewarned you gotta produce proof it costs whatever you insure it for.

I just sent my cylinder to Gt Thunder to be bored and said 600 bucks, but I have no real way of verifying it other than finding out what a cylinder costs from honda.

05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Be forewarned you gotta produce proof it costs whatever you insure it for.

I actually under insured it lol

Distributor from Honda $1040.36

ECU $512.25

TOTAL $1552.61 shipped in a medium size flatrate box lol When I said $700 they were like :eek2: then I said its more like atleast $1000 and they had trouble entering in that much for a flatrate box lol so I left it at $700

derekhonda
05-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
LMFAO! No offense but its your fault. Dont cry because for $15 you could have just collected all the money that they were worth. I just insured an ECU and Distributor valued at $700 going to California for $8.70. Sure used I can pick both up for $250 or so but the retail value is what I said $700 and thats what I would collect.

No, it isn't her fault. Sure laugh now, karmas gonna kick your *** one day.

Sorry to hear, i hope it turns up. You shouldn't need to over insure your packages, you pay for a service and they should deliver. I've personally always thought insurance on a package was a scam, but I do take it out when it is something very high dollar. Good luck to you.

05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
No, it isn't her fault. Sure laugh now, karmas gonna kick your *** one day.

U MAD? Who's at fault then? They offer insurance for a reason because it happens. They are generous enough to have a policy like that for pennies compared to actual item cost. If I'm sending something more than $25 I'd probably insure it because for $1 if its lost I wont be paying out of my pocket to replace it.

05-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Not her fault... :rolleyes: Ship UPS!

250x_kyle
05-21-2010, 10:40 PM
U MAD? Who's at fault then? They offer insurance for a reason because it happens. They are generous enough to have a policy like that for pennies compared to actual item cost. If I'm sending something more than $25 I'd probably insure it because for $1 if its lost I wont be paying out of my pocket to replace it.

wheres the ban button at when you need one.

sorry to hear about the shocks i had a similar situation with ups dropping a motor. someone on this site can vouch for that. took over a month and completely killed my hybrid build because i had to build it faster then i had hoped. good luck.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-21-2010, 11:48 PM
And this is exactly why the USPS asks if you want insurance.... I've worked in freight before and wouldn't believe the stuff that gets up and walks away from a loading dock or the stuff that gets damaged and the parts fall out the boxes.

hopefully they find your stuff.

bens250ex
05-22-2010, 12:10 AM
yup and dont think its just usps that sucks fedex has f'ed me when i bought a motor from a guy. also have a buddy that works for em and he said stuff will come down the line boxes wide open and stuff everywhere.

CJM
05-22-2010, 12:25 AM
I still recall the day my mom ordered a tv thru some catalog and the UPS guy shows up and trys to hand her this taped together box thing that was once a tv in a box. It was nothing more than packing tape, some peanuts and the tv.

She looked at it, looked at him and he said something to the effect of "I told my boss you wouldnt take it, but he made me attempt anyways. Ill send it back and get a new one sent".

05-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
wheres the ban button at when you need one.

LMFAO!!! Banned for being correct? Yeah that sucks that someone lost their shocks but it could have so easily and cheaply been prevented, they are at fault. Why cheapen out on something worth so much? Why risk it? If someone wants to get all upset and post it on a forum then dont get mad when people tell you exactly how it is.

trx310R#24
05-22-2010, 05:31 AM

wow dude you dont have to be a dick about it... =p

quad59
05-22-2010, 07:11 AM
He's just being honest, you always insure packages of high dollar items. If not to protect from damage and theft from the shipping company employees its to protect from neighborhood clowns from stealing it off your porch. You guys are just kissing a** because its a girl. Her fault for no insurance, and you always send parts to companys with a signature receipt required( that keeps the company from saying they didnt receive it when they mix it up with everybody elses stuff).

meankfx
05-22-2010, 07:33 AM
LMFAO!!! Banned for being correct? Yeah that sucks that someone lost their shocks but it could have so easily and cheaply been prevented, they are at fault. Why cheapen out on something worth so much? Why risk it? If someone wants to get all upset and post it on a forum then dont get mad when people tell you exactly how it is.

No its not her fault the shocks got lost. Get a life you heartless punk!

yellowzo3
05-22-2010, 07:52 AM
It's not her fault at all the package was lost. Actually shipping companies lose thousands of packages each year and could care less.

It sucks but for around $22 she could have insured it for $2000.

http://www.usps.com/prices/insurance-prices.htm

USPS sucks nowadays anyway. We get a different mailman everyday (most are nice fortunately) but sometimes the mail comes at 3:30 and sometimes it comes at 10am :confused: ...The new mailmen we have are crisscrossing the street all the time because they're putting the mail in the wrong mailbox... WTF just follow the numbers on the house!!

Their tracking number system is garbage too and should be completely redesigned. It takes forever for the number to start working and the majority of the time I get the package before I can get the number to work. :rolleyes:

Our UPS guy is awesome though. We got a tv delivered and he told us to open it right away and try it out to make sure nothing happened during shipping, etc... Our street gets the same guy everyday so he waves and says hi to everyone as he passes lol... We all feel like we know him.

Same with the Fedex guy. Actually he saw my dad restoring his car in the garage and talked to him for a while and asked if we had any Summit magazines so he could browse for parts. :p ...He saw me washing the quad once too and told us this whole story of how he used to ride back in his country before he came to the U.S.!! lmao... Cool guys for sure and the packages are always on time and in good shape!

LTandRaptorider
05-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by quad59
. You guys are just kissing a** because its a girl.

So what's your point? :blah:

250x_kyle
05-22-2010, 09:30 AM

yeah but what your telling them to do is pritty much insurance fraud if they would happen to lose the part.

On another note its not so much as what you said for the ban button you always say dickish things at all the wrong times. stop being an *** because alot of people here dont like you.

MAaudioX10
05-22-2010, 09:47 AM
yeah but what your telling them to do is pritty much insurance fraud if they would happen to lose the part.

On another note its not so much as what you said for the ban button you always say dickish things at all the wrong times. stop being an *** because alot of people here dont like you.

Insurance fraud would be if she lost the package, then turned around and claimed that USPS lost them. Over insuring an item isn't, considering you are paying for that specific amount.

Clearly, you'll pay more to insure a package for $1000 vs a $100.

If people can stop getting their feelings hurt and, view this objectively, It would have been wise for her to insure the package. Fault lays with USPS for being morons. The ONLY company worth a chit these days is FedEx. They charge a fraction of what UPS does and, I always seem to had good luck with them.

ben300
05-22-2010, 09:54 AM
for once flew is right, it is her own fault for not insuring the package......i always insure when i send, but i also send threw ups...

usps sucks, but thats what happens when you let the government take over it and turn it into a **** hole...

awsomeaussies
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Quite a bit of responses. I can see both sides here. Yea I should have insured the package. Trust me I'm kicking myself for that. But at the same time I upgraded to priority so it would only take 2 days for them to get. Cost me 53 dollars just to ship it out, but I guess it doenst matter upgrading or not because my package wasn't a priority to them. From now on I'll always get insurance on any thing of any value but I think I'll stick with ups and fedex. You don't have to pay to get a tracking number and there tracking numbers actually track a package, usps doesn't. Like I said before Ive shipped out hundreds of packages of mine and for the company I work for and never lost a package. Lesson learned I guess and it not about the money I'm out, I'm more upset becuase who knows when I'll ride next.

05-22-2010, 12:24 PM
well I am truely glad to see that some people on this site arent being "a** kissers" and tell it like it is.

It doesnt bother me one bit that people dont like me, I truely find it hilarious. People need to learn that when you post something up on the internet, dont get mad at peoples comments and then cry and scream "ban him!, ban, ban, ban, ban!" because you think they are wrong. Maybe your the one with blinders on, I tell it how I see it. Dont like it well then dont post something up for opinions like this. I swear half the people on this site must cry like a little kid in real life when someone tells them no or disagrees.

MAaudioX10
05-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I swear half the people on this site must cry like a little kid in real life when someone tells them no or disagrees.

Half the people on this site are kids.

The ability to handle a disagreement does come with age. For example, Awesomeaussies most recent post exibits a person who can admit when they've made a mistake and, will actually learn something from it.

Most people aren't like that. It's always going to be someone elses fault; not theirs. What is comical to me is how butt-hurt some people get when an opinion that is expressed to the contrary but, is done so in a less-than-sensitive manner....i.e...calling it as you see it.

People need to relax. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone just took their arrogance and ego down a notch.

05-22-2010, 01:09 PM
^ I applaud you sir, well spoken.

derekhonda
05-22-2010, 04:48 PM
^ I applaud you sir, well spoken.

Doesn't work when it's kicked over to a new page, jackass

tw1976
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I once sold a Quad Tech beak to someone in Iowa. Sent it USPS and paid for tracking and insurance. After it hadn't showed up in a couple weeks I went to the PO to inquire. Like the story here they don't consider anything lost for 30 days. The tracking showed it leaving my PO but then no activity. It finally was found in NJ and eventually made it's way to IA. Pretty round about way to get from WI to IA.

DnB_racing
05-22-2010, 05:33 PM
ya I wouldnt give up hope, most packages are like herpies, they seem to always come back, sometimes in worse condition. and when you least expect it.

TRX_450
05-22-2010, 06:21 PM
im sure it will show up....maybe it just took a little vacation like this one.

DnB_racing
05-22-2010, 06:59 PM
that been altered. there are no commas after Paris. but its funny

TRX_450
05-22-2010, 07:39 PM
actually its real. fedex doesnt put commas for foreign stuff. get on google images and look up another one thats been in europe.

CJM
05-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Well thats sure an odd way to get where its gotta be.

300ex_#387
05-22-2010, 11:27 PM

I don't lol very often. Very nice.

05-23-2010, 06:51 PM

ahahahahaha you just won queer of the year award! whats your address I'll have the certificate sent so you can frame it.

yellowzo3
05-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
ya I wouldnt give up hope, most packages are like herpies, they seem to always come back, sometimes in worse condition. and when you least expect it.

LMFAO this has to be in the running for post of the year

300ex_#387
05-23-2010, 07:30 PM
ahahahahaha you just won queer of the year award! whats your address I'll have the certificate sent so you can frame it.

Last time I heard that one I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.

yellowzo3
05-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af148/djensen04/blackkid.gif

05-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387

damn where can I buy one?

derekhonda
05-24-2010, 07:17 AM

Kinda funny that you are the decision maker on that award. And why do you want my address? Oh...it is starting to make sense now...

jkiserracing
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Here is some great shipping advice for free (back to the subject at hand that is)

I own a couple of retail shipping stores (like a UPS Store / Pakmail etc) in GA so I will shed some real good advise for anyone who is shipping anything, anywhere.

First of all let me say I really hope those shocks show up. The good news is she had information inside the box. So if the box or label was damaged they will look for that information.

Now, Everyone has their favorite, USPS or FedEx or most popular UPS.....that is until one of those companies loses or damages something....then suddenly, you blacklist them for life. At our stores we ship by all 3 of those carriers as well as DHL (international) and a variety of LTL Freight companies. I've had my stores now for nearly 9 years and have seen just about everything imaginable.

Ok First of all USPS Priority Mail is a pretty good service. BUT the belief that USPS is ALWAYS cheaper is untrue. Everybody has just assumed that USPS is always cheaper but its not. The Postal service welcomes small light packages but truth be known they do not welcome large packages....AT ALL. How do I know this, before I began my business, I worked for the USPS for many years.

Ship your small packages with USPS, it will be cheaper definately, and never.....and I mean never let the post office have ANYTHING of any value without at minimum a delivery confirmation #. Its less than $1.00. USPS comes with NO insurance so if your item is worth more than $25.00. Insure it. Its just that simple.

For heavier or bigger items, just use FedEx or UPS for crying out loud. Comes with a tracking # (which is way more useful than a Delivery conf. from USPS) and all ready includes up to $100.00 of insurance.

For high value items, we use UPS. In the event of a claim, we have had much better outcome with getting it paid when the value is over,say $500.00 from UPS than we have had with FedEx.

Last few things;
Flat rate boxes are good only when you are shipping a long way away from where you are or you have a small item that is somewhat heavy. Keep in mind the flat rate boxes are not that big. Remeber this, shipping prices are based on weight and distance (calculated by the ship to zip) And if you have a giant box, it may get calculated by a diminsional weight rather than actual weight.

Last thing....Packaging. Most people think they pack pretty good....but I have bad news for ya........

Pack it bulletproof if you need to. Its worth it.
1. If its moving around in the box...its not packed good.
2. If you can NOT drop your box from waist high and it live......its not packed good.
3. If the top of the box is caving in while your trying to put tape on it.....get another box or fill it with peanuts. (btw...peanuts act as a filler...not a protectant really. So you want your box to be able to have another box on top of it and not crush it.....because its going to!) So get a good box...not the one that had Cristmas lights in it from the attic since 1998.
4. Heavy items (like a motor) needs to be double boxed...period. Just because your 450r motor fits inside this cooler means its good...its not. coolers break....especially when they are filled full of ATV motor. And guess what happens......UPS may not pay a claim on insufficient packaging. So....put that motor in the cooler....make sure its not moving around.....then put that cooler in a BIGGER box with styrofoam or peanuts all the way around.
5. Use packaging tape....I know duct tape will hold the quarter panel on a NASCAR at 200 mph but for some strange reason....it dont stick to cardboard worth a flip. USE Good tape.

So there ya go. I hope this helps anyone who took the time to read it and I hope those shocks show up soon.

yellowzo3
05-24-2010, 10:28 AM
^^ Good info man :cool:

I always pack everything the best I can... However I think at some point you have to just say "I hope this makes it here" and tape it up. You can easily spend $30+ packing one package that you only sold for $60. Bubble wrap, peanuts, a box, packing tape... And this stuff adds up quick and goes FAST when you're packing.

I've heard that newspaper is unacceptable as well but I've received countless packages from companies that used only newspaper as a filler/protectant for the products. Is that true?

Another question for ya... Why do companies ship small parts in HUGE boxes? When my dad was restoring his car he would order a few small parts from somewhere (Bolts, a sidemarker light, etc...) and they would come in a box that was like 16''x10''x3''... and once in while we'd get a HUGE box FULL of peanuts. Is there a reason for this or do they just do whatever they want? Other companies pack everything tight in the smallest box possible which obviously makes way more sense lol

jkiserracing
05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, buying the packaging can certainly add up. You can always check with a store like ours in your town to see how much it may cost to pack something up (even if your going to ship it elsewhere) It may not be as bad as you think and usually cheaper than buying all the stuff to do it yourself. A rule of thumb is, use the smallest box possible WITHOUT comprimising what your shipping. And yes, ALL the shippers deem newspaper an insufficient packaging and in the event of a damage claim, the second they see newspaper, the claim will surely have a greater chance of being denied. However, you can use it. Just use it on the right things. For instance. Sold your AVS levers on eBay, find a small box (this is where a flat rate box would probably NOT be the way to go..because with something that light you can use first class mail parcel) and pack it with nespaper....that will be perfectly fine. Sold your exhaust.......this would be the time to not use news paper. Why......all though it was tight when you shipped it, the weight of the pipe itself will begin to collapse the newspaper and when its moving around in the box (now) it could start trying to make its way right on out of that box.....not good.
As far as something showing up in a giant box. I beleive thats just most likely the result a shipping dept. of a larger company putting something in a box it shouldn't have basically. And I've had that happen to me as well.

CJM
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I guess Im lucky, over the years I have collected tons and tons of boxes, packing materials and such and when I need a box of packing its right there ready to go usually.

witech
05-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Ibuild and ship lots of quad engines and one device that is worth every penny is a igloo ice cube cooler . It has wheels ,double walled and a telescoping handle. I use a full roll of duct tape all around it to seal the lid on. It also can be reused many times. I pack everything to be shipped to withstand at least 2 flights of stairs because the ups guys might not give up on the first flight . Fed seems to have the best rates for heavy stuff.
I also include a backup address on the outside and inside which says ( in the event package loses label) .

When ordering items from people on ebay or the internet always ask them to package items properly because it seems a lot of guys who dont ship stuff much just really have no clue what things go through in transit. Just desribe the way it needs to be sent so they get the message.

awsomeaussies
05-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
Here is some great shipping advice for free (back to the subject at hand that is)

I own a couple of retail shipping stores (like a UPS Store / Pakmail etc) in GA so I will shed some real good advise for anyone who is shipping anything, anywhere.

First of all let me say I really hope those shocks show up. The good news is she had information inside the box. So if the box or label was damaged they will look for that information.

Now, Everyone has their favorite, USPS or FedEx or most popular UPS.....that is until one of those companies loses or damages something....then suddenly, you blacklist them for life. At our stores we ship by all 3 of those carriers as well as DHL (international) and a variety of LTL Freight companies. I've had my stores now for nearly 9 years and have seen just about everything imaginable.

Ok First of all USPS Priority Mail is a pretty good service. BUT the belief that USPS is ALWAYS cheaper is untrue. Everybody has just assumed that USPS is always cheaper but its not. The Postal service welcomes small light packages but truth be known they do not welcome large packages....AT ALL. How do I know this, before I began my business, I worked for the USPS for many years.

Ship your small packages with USPS, it will be cheaper definately, and never.....and I mean never let the post office have ANYTHING of any value without at minimum a delivery confirmation #. Its less than $1.00. USPS comes with NO insurance so if your item is worth more than $25.00. Insure it. Its just that simple.

For heavier or bigger items, just use FedEx or UPS for crying out loud. Comes with a tracking # (which is way more useful than a Delivery conf. from USPS) and all ready includes up to $100.00 of insurance.

For high value items, we use UPS. In the event of a claim, we have had much better outcome with getting it paid when the value is over,say $500.00 from UPS than we have had with FedEx.

Last few things;
Flat rate boxes are good only when you are shipping a long way away from where you are or you have a small item that is somewhat heavy. Keep in mind the flat rate boxes are not that big. Remeber this, shipping prices are based on weight and distance (calculated by the ship to zip) And if you have a giant box, it may get calculated by a diminsional weight rather than actual weight.

Last thing....Packaging. Most people think they pack pretty good....but I have bad news for ya........

Pack it bulletproof if you need to. Its worth it.
1. If its moving around in the box...its not packed good.
2. If you can NOT drop your box from waist high and it live......its not packed good.
3. If the top of the box is caving in while your trying to put tape on it.....get another box or fill it with peanuts. (btw...peanuts act as a filler...not a protectant really. So you want your box to be able to have another box on top of it and not crush it.....because its going to!) So get a good box...not the one that had Cristmas lights in it from the attic since 1998.
4. Heavy items (like a motor) needs to be double boxed...period. Just because your 450r motor fits inside this cooler means its good...its not. coolers break....especially when they are filled full of ATV motor. And guess what happens......UPS may not pay a claim on insufficient packaging. So....put that motor in the cooler....make sure its not moving around.....then put that cooler in a BIGGER box with styrofoam or peanuts all the way around.
5. Use packaging tape....I know duct tape will hold the quarter panel on a NASCAR at 200 mph but for some strange reason....it dont stick to cardboard worth a flip. USE Good tape.

So there ya go. I hope this helps anyone who took the time to read it and I hope those shocks show up soon.

Thanks for all the good information! I usually try and pack everything nice and tight and wrap it with a ton of bubble wrap! It was a heavy duty box I used too. I know boxes have different thickness, so I made sure I used one that wouldn't flex or tear and taped the sh*t out of it:p Hopefully everything will workout in the end... or better yet, I'll see something on my doorstep by Thursday, otherwise I'll be stuck riding my brothers stock quad:o :( all weekend:p

jkiserracing
05-24-2010, 04:07 PM
awsomeaussies, if your interested there is something you could try. I have done this for customers before and actually have had some success. To begin with I can not count on all my fingers and toes how many times something was shipped and the receiver is 100% positive they absolutely positively without a shadow of a doubt have not received a thing...........and then I track it.......and there it is.....and they go....oh...uhhh....hmmm......I must have.......well.....I wasnt here that day so...ummm..so and so
signed for that one ....and my responnse is......crickets.....crickets.......crickets...... .SO.....I'm not saying that Moto X Perts has had it the whole time and don't know....BUT.....that is certainly a good possibility. Like I said, Its happened WAY more times than I can remember. SO, with that being said there are 2 things you need to do (and one of them is not waiting on the USPS to figure it out...they are too slow)

First: Call Moto X Perts one last time. (If you have done this quite a bit, I know your feeling like your one phone call away from turning into a stalker) but go ahead and do it one last time, except this time, explain EVERYTHING you can remember about this box. Was it brown or white. Did the clerck at USPS use any Priority Mail stickers. If so was it tape or stickers. Was there just one or all over the box. Did the box have any markings, ie: it said Subway on the side or Fox Shox or anything. Let them know your very concerned about finding this package. Perhaps it will jog someones memory. Its not too much to ask so don't worry. Its worth the call.

Second: Call 1-800-ask-usps. This is an automated line. Once the gibber jabber begins, listen for the lady to say "what would you like" then you say "Post Office Information" she will say for help with the post office that delivers your mail say delivery office, and you say "Delivery Office" now it will ask for the zip code of your post office. You need to say the zip code of MOTO X PERTS not yours. At that point it will give you the actual phone number of the post office that delivers their packages and mail. Once you have the # wait till the morning. Call this number at like 8:30 or 9am. Dont wait much longer than that. When you call, ask if you can speak to the carrier that delivers the mail for (the street address you sent this package to ...Moto X Perts street address) and that carrier should be able to take the call. Tell them your situation and explain everything I mentioned above (size color, markings etc) to see if it jogs her memory at all. I know they probably get alot of packages there but you never know...I was a carrier too at one time....sometimes they remember. Also, make sure its not being held there for them to pick up for some reason. That too happens with USPS packages. Good Luck. I hope you get some answers.

BTW, I meant to say, call that Post Office at 8:30-9 am their time if they are in a different time zone than you.

awsomeaussies
05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
awsomeaussies, if your interested there is something you could try. I have done this for customers before and actually have had some success. To begin with I can not count on all my fingers and toes how many times something was shipped and the receiver is 100% positive they absolutely positively without a shadow of a doubt have not received a thing...........and then I track it.......and there it is.....and they go....oh...uhhh....hmmm......I must have.......well.....I wasnt here that day so...ummm..so and so
signed for that one ....and my responnse is......crickets.....crickets.......crickets...... .SO.....I'm not saying that Moto X Perts has had it the whole time and don't know....BUT.....that is certainly a good possibility. Like I said, Its happened WAY more times than I can remember. SO, with that being said there are 2 things you need to do (and one of them is not waiting on the USPS to figure it out...they are too slow)

First: Call Moto X Perts one last time. (If you have done this quite a bit, I know your feeling like your one phone call away from turning into a stalker) but go ahead and do it one last time, except this time, explain EVERYTHING you can remember about this box. Was it brown or white. Did the clerck at USPS use any Priority Mail stickers. If so was it tape or stickers. Was there just one or all over the box. Did the box have any markings, ie: it said Subway on the side or Fox Shox or anything. Let them know your very concerned about finding this package. Perhaps it will jog someones memory. Its not too much to ask so don't worry. Its worth the call.

Second: Call 1-800-ask-usps. This is an automated line. Once the gibber jabber begins, listen for the lady to say "what would you like" then you say "Post Office Information" she will say for help with the post office that delivers your mail say delivery office, and you say "Delivery Office" now it will ask for the zip code of your post office. You need to say the zip code of MOTO X PERTS not yours. At that point it will give you the actual phone number of the post office that delivers their packages and mail. Once you have the # wait till the morning. Call this number at like 8:30 or 9am. Dont wait much longer than that. When you call, ask if you can speak to the carrier that delivers the mail for (the street address you sent this package to ...Moto X Perts street address) and that carrier should be able to take the call. Tell them your situation and explain everything I mentioned above (size color, markings etc) to see if it jogs her memory at all. I know they probably get alot of packages there but you never know...I was a carrier too at one time....sometimes they remember. Also, make sure its not being held there for them to pick up for some reason. That too happens with USPS packages. Good Luck. I hope you get some answers.

BTW, I meant to say, call that Post Office at 8:30-9 am their time if they are in a different time zone than you.

Thanks for the tips. I've called Moto-Xperts about 5 times. lol I'll give them another call tomorrow morning though! Good idea on calling the local post office down there too! I'll give then a call tomorrow morning also... it's worth a shot!!:)

Bryson#221
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm a little late on this & I haven't read all the other comments but I'm sure this has been asked...but why USPS? I would never in a million years ship something of that value through them. ever. Always always always utilize UPS and FedEx for that type of item. There is a very good chance you'll never get them. I know Fox Shocks are incredibly expensive- can I ask what made you pass purchasing insurance & tracking info? I'd be raggin' on your bf for letting you order those bad boys without some kind of protection. Best of luck to you girl...hope it works out for ya. Keep us posted.

witech
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I agree anything under a hundred bucks is fine for usps but when you will take a big hit if its lost then go with fedex.

300racer
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
don't know about usps but i work at ups and if a box has a label that was torn off and we don't know where it is going it sits in our hub for so many days and then they send it to another location and i don't know what they do with them there. so calling the post office where it was going is prolly a good idea.

Stiles86
05-26-2010, 03:11 PM
usps lost my hipers... they suck

awsomeaussies
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
No luck getting thru to the post office yet, I'll keep trying. I was able to get the direct number down there, but I keep getting a recording whenever I call.

quad2xtreme
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
thanks to you, I just shipped my 450r engine to Baldwin via UPS with $3,000 in insurance on it.

awsomeaussies
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
thanks to you, I just shipped my 450r engine to Baldwin via UPS with $3,000 in insurance on it.

LOL:) I don't blam yeah!

JIM GRACE
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I had my sons fox float sent by ups to me
and it got lost. Lost my ever lovin mind and
did not have insurance either. Ups did find them
2 weeks later after investigating it.

Lesson well learned

jkiserracing
05-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
No luck getting thru to the post office yet, I'll keep trying. I was able to get the direct number down there, but I keep getting a recording whenever I call.

Early is usually best but maybe you might try a later in the morning. Maybe 10am. The goal is to try to catch the carrier of that route before he or she leaves to deliver. Im hoping the box is at that post office for some crazy reason.

awsomeaussies
05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
HALANEWYA!!:D I just got a call from Moto-Xperts saying they got my shocks!!! They went to pick up a package at the post office(a different package)... and guess what, my shocks are there!! Toby said sometimes they have a let's just say... large lady running there route and sometimes she's to lazy to get out of the truck to drop a package off at the door. But yet she left no call tag:confused: Regardless, I'm just happy I know where my shocks are:macho

jkiserracing
05-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Wow. That is good news. And, I knew it. That box has probably been there the whole time too. Unfortunately that's a common postal "problem". Well, nonetheless I'm glad you didn't lose the shocks.

awsomeaussies
05-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow. That is good news. And, I knew it. That box has probably been there the whole time too. Unfortunately that's a common postal "problem". Well, nonetheless I'm glad you didn't lose the shocks.

You nailed that one! lol They're office people must be to lazy to answer the phones as well:o But it doesn't matter now cause I'm happy:)

quad2xtreme
05-27-2010, 01:59 PM
great outcome and lesson learned. :D

you owe me $27 for buying insurance for my engine I didn't need. All a false alarm. :p

awsomeaussies
05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
great outcome and lesson learned. :D

you owe me $27 for buying insurance for my engine I didn't need. All a false alarm. :p

LOL! Hey you might need that insurance:blah: Hopefully not, but you never know;)

TRXman86
06-02-2010, 02:52 AM
I missed a race a few years back no thanks to our OLD WORTHLESS mail lady. I knew they were out for delivery cause I talked to another lady at the PO that morning. I waited for her to get to my house, watched her drive by, drop mail, then head back out... I'm like WTF!!! So I call up the PO and tell them she didnt drop them off.... guess what... NOBODY THERE!! Friday after noon around 4:30, saturday teh race started at 9am. No way I could have got them and had them on by the time I had to leave to make it on time. SO, I made it my personal interest to find out WTF her issue was... simply put, she didnt want to take the time to come drop them off to me. She no longer works for the PO... Now when I see her she flips me the California howdy doodie :D