PDA

View Full Version : No gas through carb

buster024
05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm wrenching on a friends 450 that (out of the blue) won't start. I pulled the carb apart and cleaned the fuel filter, main jet, and checked the needle and clip. Everything seems to be clean and functioning correctly, but I can't get fuel to run through the carb once the tank is connected. I've checked the tank valve, and gas is flowing out of the tank. If I pump the throttle, I would assume I should get gas out of the fuel bleed line, but with the throttle open, the fuel open, and the screw all the way out, I get no gas through the bleed line.

I can't smell any gas through the exhaust, so somewhere something is plugged.....

buster024
05-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Ok, so I'm dumb and forgot to check the float. That was it.

But....Now I've got plenty of fuel through the carb, but now the fuel won't stop pouring out of the bleed line when the fuel switch is on. I've tightened the screw all the way in, but with the selector switch on, gas just pours out. If turn the selector off, fuel stops running. However if I unscrew the fuel screw, fuel comes out, and then stops if I screw it back in.

It's like now the fuel selector is controlling the bleed line....wtf.

eastside 400
05-21-2010, 05:23 PM
the float is now stuck. your over filling the bowl and its not stopping

buster024
05-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Duh. My bad...thanks.