PDA

View Full Version : Shocks opinion

bherriman
05-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm sure there has been a thread on this before but I couldn't find it. What are your guys opinions on 450 shocks, what are the pros on cons of 450r YFZ and KFX shocks? I ride trails pretty agressively and weigh 190 lbs.

05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
i would like to know that one to. after drag racing im going to put my shocks back on and go mxing and woods racing.

rynb15
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
i just put yzf450 shocks on but have not got to ride it yet. i cant wait. the stock shocks were garbage

rob_990
05-21-2010, 01:45 PM
look at the sticky at the top of the page

Foxhound013
05-21-2010, 01:53 PM
I went with the KFX shocks, I don't know how they perform as I haven't gotten to do any riding with them yet. But I have done alot of reading on all of them, the trx 450r shocks are a little stiff from what i've read, the yfz (at least I think this is what I read) are a little better for track riding. The KFX are supposed to be very good for riding woods. The only cons I know of the YFZ and KFX are the amount of grinding you have to do but I don't think theres anything bad about them that i've read.

bherriman
05-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by rob_990
look at the sticky at the top of the page

The sticky on the install of the 450r shocks? Looked to me like just a write up on installing the 450r shocks and a couple people talking about revalving and ride height on the 450r but I never saw anything about actual performance (only went to page 5). I have been leaning towards KFX I just want some opinions from some people with some actual ride time

bherriman
05-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
I went with the KFX shocks, I don't know how they perform as I haven't gotten to do any riding with them yet. But I have done alot of reading on all of them, the trx 450r shocks are a little stiff from what i've read, the yfz (at least I think this is what I read) are a little better for track riding. The KFX are supposed to be very good for riding woods. The only cons I know of the YFZ and KFX are the amount of grinding you have to do but I don't think theres anything bad about them that i've read.

I've read a lot of the same I just want some people that have some ride time on the different shocks to voice their opinions. Any one of the three has to be a thousand times better than stock. Unless you weigh about 120 pounds the stockers are junk

logant14
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
kfx are nice they do help you corner better in the woods and are just alot better than stock. i cut the main stuff with a jig saw then did the rest with a grinder.

bherriman
05-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by logant14
kfx are nice they do help you corner better in the woods and are just alot better than stock. i cut the main stuff with a jig saw then did the rest with a grinder.

How are they over the bumps at speed? I never thought about a jig saw but my family owns a paving company and we have our own fleet of trucks along with a 5 bay shop and I saw bkelly used a ban saw to get most of it off and then used a grinder which seemed to work out well. So if I do get the KFX's I'll use a ban saw since its just sitting up there anyway lol

CJM
05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
You could even cut with with a grinder and cutting wheel too.