View Full Version : Steering stabilizers and Flexx bars???

RedSonya
05-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Can anyone give me some advice on these? I don't have the best wrists in the world - carpal tunnel in one wrist I broke before, and a thumb problem on the other hand.

I've been told by some people that steering stabilizers make the quad more difficult to turn. Is this true?

Instead of a steering stabilizer, would I be better off with Flexx bars? Are there any downsides?

jaybee240
05-21-2010, 06:14 AM
I have a steering stabilizer on my 01 and I love it, both my brother in laws have 400exs and wish they had them on theres. As far as not being able to turn, I really dont think that you will have a problem.

jaybee240
05-21-2010, 06:14 AM
I have a steering stabilizer on my 01 and I love it, both my brother in laws have 400exs and wish they had them on theres. As far as not being able to turn, I really dont think that you will have a problem.

guenther
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
I've got a CCP puck style stabilizer and it can be hard to turn if you set it to the highest setting which is 8. For all out woods racing I run it at either 6.5 or 7 and that allows the front end to go wherever I point it and not have arm pump. I'm VERY pleased with it.

I also have the ATVfouplay softbars II which I am told are designed much better than the flexx. I've never used the flexx so the only thing I can go off of is word of mouth. These are also great and you can set them up soft or firm. Mine are more toward the firm side because I find that running in the wood with the constant up, down, left, right you can get arm pump if they are too soft.

The combination of the two are great and I would highly recommend it. If you have severe medical problems I'm not saying these will help but it's probably the best thing you can do to soften the blow to your upper body. The other thing that would help is a great set of shocks.

fromtheside88
05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah jaybee240 is correct in saying that both of his brother in laws wish they had these i have an 01 ex just like he does and if i mash it goin down the road once the quad goes as fast as it will go u get a really really bad vibration almost like its goin to throw ya off see ya saturday JAYBEE240

RedSonya
05-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone! I'm definitely going to look into getting some of this stuff. This is my first quad and I don't know much about the sport or machine yet. Everyone on this site is always so helpful, and I really appreciate it!