PDA

View Full Version : fox evol gen 2 noise?

musthavebeenblu
05-21-2010, 04:33 AM
i just got these fox shocks about 2 months ago (brand new) and i've only practiced on nice groomed tracks and yesterday i took it into the woods on a woods track and i could hear like a cliking noise of some sort when the whole shock extends to its max length.. i was wondering if anyone else with evols has heard this or know what i'm talking about. i dont think i've ever in my shop just lifted my front end off the ground as fast as i can but when i do now i can hear a noise like they are bottoming out. i was told its just metal on metal inside these shocks so they will make this noise but my axis never did this nor did any of my stock shocks. seeing how both shocks are doing this i'm not totally worried just i would like someone else with these shocks to confirm. let me know. thanks

Hetrick300
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
There could be many reasons such as a crack in your a-arms where the shocks mount or the top shock mount on the frame also you could have your bolts to tight or to loose... check these posible areas and see if that helps.

eastside 400
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
if your arms have heims or sphericals check them, they will make that noise