PDA

View Full Version : motoworks slip-on doesn't fit.. ideas?

exrider4life
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
well, finish is top notch. as for fit however. i hope i'm missin something. the new muffler has atleast an 1/8 inch gap all around where it fits to the end of my stock header pipe... i tried takin the soft metal ring out of my stock muffler to close the gap but then it was wayyy to tight... wouldn't come even close to fittin then.. Any ideas, what about exhaust tape or something that i can wrap around the header end to seal up the difference between that and the silencer. .. Any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks, steve.

cincy250R
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
did you buy it new it sounds like you have a muffler for the complete system not just the slip on

-Dave

Butter
05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Sounds like you bought a slip-on for the wrong year. Guessing you have an '04-'05, and you got one that's '06+.

exrider4life
05-20-2010, 07:44 PM
well, i ordered it from kbmotorsports and ordered it from the the slip-on section.. It even says "perfect-fit" slipon in the description. Doesn't say if it perfect fits with the stock header though, which it obviously doesn't lol.. Just kinda assumed... hmmm. don't know if the header size is diff but mines an 05...

kenny450er
05-20-2010, 08:14 PM
brought mine to my buddys automotive shop and used his machine that bends and exspands exhuast pipe an bumped it up till it fit nice and tight.

exrider4life
05-27-2010, 08:04 PM
welp. turns out motoworks messed up and sent kbmotoworks the wrong exhaust in the correct box... I called the big man over at kb motorports and he hooked me up with the right exhaust and i had the right one in less than a week. it was my first time ordering threw them and i honestly got worried for a few. But they were prompt to help me in my situtation and they are a greatttt company to deal with...!.. oh, and btw, the motoworks sr4 slip on fits like a glove now and pulls hardddddd. !.. thanks kb!..

KB Motorsports
05-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by exrider4life
welp. turns out motoworks messed up and sent kbmotoworks the wrong exhaust in the correct box... I called the big man over at kb motorports and he hooked me up with the right exhaust and i had the right one in less than a week. it was my first time ordering threw them and i honestly got worried for a few. But they were prompt to help me in my situtation and they are a greatttt company to deal with...!.. oh, and btw, the motoworks sr4 slip on fits like a glove now and pulls hardddddd. !.. thanks kb!..

Thanks for remaining so patient and allowing us to take care of the problem. We're glad you like your exhaust choice! thanks again!