PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara Memorial day weekend

REDRON
05-20-2010, 05:44 PM
I was planning a trip for memorial day weekend and everyone has canceled at the last min.I was wondering if there was anyone going that i could hang with and ride.I will be on a 75+hp all yellow banshee.If anyone from my area would like to share some gas i got room for a couple quads and people.I just have too much money and time invested to not go.Call me if your interested 903-736-5130 Ron

5pennys
05-20-2010, 09:11 PM
There's a pretty good size group from over on the quadforce forum going that weekend. We are all staying in the North camp where the big pull through spots are.

Me and a couple others from the group are getting there Thursday and the rest are coming up on Fri.

Stop by and say hi and do some riding with us. I'm taking a large enclosed trailer that is solid red, so it's pretty easy to spot among all of the white trailers.

REDRON
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 5pennys
There's a pretty good size group from over on the quadforce forum going that weekend. We are all staying in the North camp where the big pull through spots are.

Me and a couple others from the group are getting there Thursday and the rest are coming up on Fri.

Stop by and say hi and do some riding with us. I'm taking a large enclosed trailer that is solid red, so it's pretty easy to spot among all of the white trailers.

Sounds good.What time on thursday you going to be there? I was thinking about camping at the rat haven but if there is something near you guys i will try to get that.I am still trying to find someone else from around here to go but its hard when everyone rides mud all the time.I may even bring my kawi teryx.Its set up for mud with 30s but still fun to cruise in .

REDRON
05-20-2010, 09:53 PM

I dont really need a whole camping spot.I will only be in my 4x4 truck and maybe a small trailer if i bring the teryx.Maybe someone else will want to share a spot or something.

REDRON
05-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Im just going to throw an air mattress in the back of my truck.

5pennys
05-20-2010, 10:23 PM
That's cool. I can't guarantee that there will be room for another truck but there might be.

Right now we are planning on trying to fit 3 large enclosed trailers and probably to 16ft. open trailers plus all the trucks into 2 of the large pull through spots. So I'm not sure there will be much room if any available for anything else.

I just found out today that I'm more than likely going to be taking Thur off instead of leaving after work. So I will probably try to leave here around 1:30-2:00pm. That will put me up at LS around 5:30 or so. Hopefully there won't already be a lot of spots taken.

REDRON
05-20-2010, 10:50 PM
That's cool. I can't guarantee that there will be room for another truck but there might be.

Right now we are planning on trying to fit 3 large enclosed trailers and probably to 16ft. open trailers plus all the trucks into 2 of the large pull through spots. So I'm not sure there will be much room if any available for anything else.

I just found out today that I'm more than likely going to be taking Thur off instead of leaving after work. So I will probably try to leave here around 1:30-2:00pm. That will put me up at LS around 5:30 or so. Hopefully there won't already be a lot of spots taken.

I will be headin out thursday morning so i will be a little ahead of you .I may be able to help you save a couple spots.How much do the pull through spots run a night? If there needs to be a third spot i can throw in on it.

5pennys
05-21-2010, 09:56 PM
The park went up on fees this past November. I believe camp spots are now $20 a day and the gate fee is now $10/day.

Most of the guys in our group are pretty sure that we can fit everything in two spots. So I don't know if we'll need a third one. We'll just have to play it by ear when everyone gets there.

Since I've got Thur off I may head up there earlier than I was planning in order to get the spots that we are wanting.

REDRON
05-21-2010, 10:35 PM
The park went up on fees this past November. I believe camp spots are now $20 a day and the gate fee is now $10/day.

Most of the guys in our group are pretty sure that we can fit everything in two spots. So I don't know if we'll need a third one. We'll just have to play it by ear when everyone gets there.

Since I've got Thur off I may head up there earlier than I was planning in order to get the spots that we are wanting.

Oh well i guess i will end up renting a whole spot for my truck.

REDRON
05-22-2010, 10:49 PM
well my one of my buddy's is back on for the trip.He sold his truck and has some extra cash.We will be lookiing to probably just share a spot with someone who isn't using the whole thing and wants to save a little extra money.

5pennys
05-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Sounds good.

Also, I think there are some smaller spots that are closer to the North gate. But I think the fees are still the same (not entirely sure).

We are going to be about as far from the actual gate as you can get in the North camp.