PDA

View Full Version : My 400ex Build Up And Part Swap Out

Steves400ex
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
So I Started off buying a MINT!!!!! 2001 400ex... The thing belonged to a very rich family who kept the quad at there beach house and from 2001 to 2010 had only been riden twice
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/stevechouinard/20446_1196472153520_1279952665_3045.jpg

As you can see from the picture is was well stored in a climate controlled garage and still had everything you'd find on a factory brand new quad (paint on all bolts, Nipples on the tires)

I brought it out for its very first ride, its was negative 20 that day here but we put our snowmobile gear on and headed out...

Lets just say the trip did not go well at all, I hit a ice pack and had no choic but to bail and let the quad fall off a 60 foot cliff

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/stevechouinard/BeforeAfter.jpg

As you can see all the plastics shattered from the cold and messed up the mount for the steering stem!

As bad as that was I was kinda glad cause at first it was so new lookin that I didnt wanna ride it.

I found a set of plastices on craigslist so I bought them
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/stevechouinard/quads.jpg

I also bought a set of Fly Bars and replaced the steering stem.

Ever sence I havent had any major incidents...

Things I have modded sence:
Added a Navigation Box that holds my garmin Nuvi that I have preloaded with the surrounding trail systems... No Pic Yet But I do have one so I will post.

Bought a complete set of razr 2's

Bought a set of 6000K Hids
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dB73EludDLM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dB73EludDLM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Also Added some LED taillights seeing as though I snapped my rear grab bar learning to wheelie

A Video Of Me And My Friends Wheelie'n
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPUjnn6CpF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPUjnn6CpF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

With all that being said I will update this post whenever I have new pics or new mods and I would also Like to introduce myself seeing as thought this is my 2nd post and Welcome any questions anyone has

jcs003
05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
you should of kept that mint.lol. anyways, it is always fun to mod. what year warrior is that...1995? i had one the same colors.

Honda4life05
05-20-2010, 01:53 PM
it's soo sad to see a nice quad go to crap like that!

Steves400ex
05-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey, when it all comes down to it, its a quad which I trail ride... wont always look new I have my show car for that... and yea it is a 95...

Steves400ex
05-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
it's soo sad to see a nice quad go to crap like that!

Are you calling my quad crap????LMAO
Cause its still all there just with not so fancy plastics... And I think shes sexy!!!

So what my front and back plastics dont match :ermm:

Honda4life05
05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
na i was talking about before you fixed it back up lol
but matching plastics is a plus. did you bend anything when you rolled it?

levonskinator
05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
This is the reason why quad riders have bad names. You are ripping up and down a busy, public street popping wheelies with no helmet on. Cool

beags86
05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
wow i would have been pissed if i was that 300c and i ride quads. people should be forced to take a stupidity test before you can join this site. you my friend would fail. get off the street and get some helmets on

hondaracer_34
05-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Holy Sh*t...... It WAS a nice looking quad...All im gonna say is put on a damn helet dude, and i agree with the stupidity test.

sc400ex_rider
05-21-2010, 06:37 AM
yea first pic is sic. i would of put that back in the box and forgot about it !!!

jcs003
05-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
yea first pic is sic. i would of put that back in the box and forgot about it !!!

x2.

hjsmith00843
05-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Should of left it down at the bottom of the cliff. You are gonna get killed with it and you are giving other atv riders a bad image. Thanks alot pal.....

dalejiw25
05-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow !!!! That is just so wrong on so many different levels, It's almost UN-Believable. That definitely takes the "Dumb - ***" Award.... Congrats.

hjsmith00843
05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Here is you award. Place it on your mantle beside your urn.

levonskinator
05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by hjsmith00843
Here is you award. Place it on your mantle beside your urn.

LOL

400exrider26400
05-21-2010, 08:31 PM
nothing wrong ridind on the road as long as you dont do a hit and run :D

beags86
05-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider26400

really? really? you really think that?

levonskinator
05-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider26400

People like you are the problem and the reason we don't get more OHV access on state land.

ballerchaos
05-21-2010, 11:51 PM
lmao, yeah not a problem to ride on the road until you crack your skull open doing something stuid, or get hit by a car. seriously wear a helmet and stick to dirt, or my suggestion would be to sell your 400ex who doesnt want to ruin it for the rest of us.

400exrider26400
05-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by beags86
really? really? you really think that?

no haha..

400exrider26400
05-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by levonskinator
People like you are the problem and the reason we don't get more OHV access on state land.

down here in bahurst N-B nobody cares at all
you can ride on the road whenever you want
and i have to ride on the road anyways to get to my trails

400man
05-22-2010, 09:29 AM
hmmm.....why hasnt steve replied to any of this, must be a little to hot for him lol :devil:

in west virginia in the hatifield mccoy trail system they allow you to ride on the road (while obeying the traffic laws and wearing helmets of course).

beags86
05-22-2010, 01:36 PM
yeah the cheese county trail in southen wis allows you to ride on the side of the road, i am guessing they did that so you can go to the one small town and spend money, but since i lived 20 mins away the tourist thing did really do it for me. i think its ok if it in the trail system, but that is a completely different thing then what they were doing.

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
I am here!!!! and I agree with you thats the first and only time I didnt have a helmet on!!! As far as riding on the roads and giving us a bad name... All well!!! honestly I live in CT they dont even give us one place to ride yet they will take your money and let you regester your quad... I live in a town that has alot of crime and the cops can care less about quads on the street...

I come on here expecting a welcome not a keyboard beatdown...
I do appreciate all of your comments but I am really not feeling the love...

I ride on the street, trails and everything in between the one video where I dont have a helmet on is right in front of my house and for some stupid reson I didnt put it on that time.. so SHUN me....lol let me have it if you want but as far as giving us a bad name I can care less what kinda of name we have CT will never open a trail for atv's we have a few places for dirtbikes... and the way I feel is if they want me off the street give me somewhere to ride untill then they can try to catch me if they can!!!

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I deleted the video of me riding without a helmet on and agree with all of you that it was very stupid...

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Figured Id get "a Wow your pretty good at wheelie'n or something like it"

Not a page full of hate mail...

You guys have a real warm way of welcomeing new people...

In my town theres about 45 of us that ride the streets and trails and none of them are little candy ***'s that say ohhh your gonna give us a bad name... The cops come to the spot where we practice pull over and do paperwork while they watch us... The last cop said "I dont blame you guys... Connecticut sucks as far as places to ride seeing as though there are none"

So I guess when you grow up here and the cops have real crime to worry about your views change... If the cops dont care why should we????

I know im only askin for more sh1t, callin some of you candy-***'s
but I cant stand when people whine about sh1t... you have your views and ways of doing things and we have ours... I agree and will take the verbal lashing for the helmet... but if your unable to ride the streets in your town then so be it but here its not frowned upon... we do stunt shows at the schools... formed a group that helps rebuild severly rutted trails and are looked up to by alot of the younger kids so I dont see what I am doing wrong

Wish I woulda Known This Site Is Full Of A Bunch Of Justin Timberlakes!!!

Cry Me A River, Cry Me Cry Me!!!!!

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
na i was talking about before you fixed it back up lol
but matching plastics is a plus. did you bend anything when you rolled it?

Bent A Rim Just A Bit... Bent the grab bar, and also the steering stem mount

But I know a welder so we got it all squared up and reinforced

Chuck75
05-27-2010, 10:59 AM
I agree with you steve. theres nothing wrong with riding on a street. especially if the cops say its ok. Now the helmet thing you already conseeded about so i wont beat that dead horse.
great riding though!!:D

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Chuck75
I agree with you steve. theres nothing wrong with riding on a street. especially if the cops say its ok. Now the helmet thing you already conseeded about so i wont beat that dead horse.
great riding though!!:D

Thanks... I realize im on a public forum so people are gonna express there opnions... And most likely the people saying that have legal places to ride... but here in ct as soon as you pull off your property your breakin the law... So what difference to me is it if they tryied to catch me on the streets or on the trail... My brothers from AZ where with a few mods you can legally ride your atv on the roads... CT just sucks!!! I believe there are alot of good laws in place, and then theres the ones that were created by the same type of people as some of you timberlakes who have nothing better to do but B1tch... If you dont like what your seeing or reading then click the "next post" link!!! Other wise shut up and enjoy the show!!! I am pretty sure its not people like me who make it harder to ride legally... Its people like you!!!

jcs003
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
i wish i could ride on the streets, but i cant. also, motorcycle riders in my state are not required to wear a helmet. with this being said. we will see who the tough guy is when your head is cracked on a tree or a road. my fathers friend got in a motorcycle accident and the helmet saved his life. he still went blind in one eye with the helmet. he had40 years riding experience prior the the accident and was a semi-pro drag bike racer.

SO, WEAR YOUR F'N HELMET!!!

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
i wish i could ride on the streets, but i cant. also, motorcycle riders in my state are not required to wear a helmet. with this being said. we will see who the tough guy is when your head is cracked on a tree or a road. my fathers friend got in a motorcycle accident and the helmet saved his life. he still went blind in one eye with the helmet. he had40 years riding experience prior the the accident and was a semi-pro drag bike racer.

SO, WEAR YOUR F'N HELMET!!!

Totally agree man... As I said A Few Times You Guys Are Right On That One... CT is a state where you dont have to but I agree you should always have it on... Im an idiot at times.... GUILTY

Chuck75
05-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Steve you gotta remember that with this sport/ hobby we enjoy that theres lots of very opioinated keyboard kids with nothing better to do but bash on everyone threads. you ride were you can because you enjoy riding. like youve said SEVERAL TIMES...... you wear your helmet 99% of the time so dont sweat the bashers bro.

Steves400ex
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Chuck75
Steve you gotta remember that with this sport/ hobby we enjoy that theres lots of very opioinated keyboard kids with nothing better to do but bash on everyone threads. you ride were you can because you enjoy riding. like youve said SEVERAL TIMES...... you wear your helmet 99% of the time so dont sweat the bashers bro.

Well I appreciate the good few that will talk to you rather then talk down to you... We all have our own set of standards and ways of doing things... I personally dont give 2 poops about the law, and whats illegal or not because like I stated eariler they took my money to register it yet cant offer me land to ride so exactly what does the $80.00 goto???

If you have legal land to ride be happy!!! If you dont you gotta do what you gotta do!!!

If you come from where I come from and the worst law you break is illegal quad riding you doing pretty damn good...

Chuck75
05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
aint that the truth. well be safe and try to keep the rubber side closer to the down side:D

400exrider26400
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
agreed with steve