PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bars what about them

mxpimp2000
05-20-2010, 01:03 AM
i just picked up a set of flexx bars from a friend today and i just got them put on my bike about an hour ago and going from my low bend fat bars these are WAY overkill. they are the high bend flexx's and im really not sold on these as i use to be.

has anyone done a service on these b4? on the website they make it look soo easy but thought id ask everyone their opinions. if anyone is up for a trade on some low bends Pm me asap or they are being sold to another friend of mine lol

05-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Precision Shock & Vibe FTW!

XCRacer236
05-20-2010, 04:54 AM
get rid of them and get Precision Shock and Vibe clamps. VERY superior to the Flex bars.

ZBlaster
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
As long as you keep them well serviced, and run a longer bolt with an elastomer on the outside for rebound they are amazing. I have bad wrists and they really help me over a 2 hour long XC race.

reptikes
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i just picked up a set of flexx bars from a friend today and i just got them put on my bike about an hour ago and going from my low bend fat bars these are WAY overkill. they are the high bend flexx's and im really not sold on these as i use to be.

has anyone done a service on these b4? on the website they make it look soo easy but thought id ask everyone their opinions. if anyone is up for a trade on some low bends Pm me asap or they are being sold to another friend of mine lol

Not a fan either.

mxpimp2000
05-20-2010, 11:52 AM
i want to try the precision clamps but i dont wanna add any height to my low bend renthals plus i have the anti vibe clamps now that i can mount my kill switch to the center and if i go precision i wont have a place to mount it. kinda stuck in a rut right now i might sale the flexx and forget handlebar movement lol

buck440
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
trade for black renthal fatbar high bend black? has a few rides on'em

mxpimp2000
05-20-2010, 03:47 PM
i have a set of renthals i just put back on my bike. i like low bends thats the main reason i didnt like the flexxs they are the quad racer bend. im needing quad racer LOW bend

CADWELL
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I used to run the "Quad racer" low Flexx bars on my bike and I really liked them.....

But I like to expiriment with new products and after having multiple rides on my Precision clamps I'm begining to like them alot. The are very forgiving on bad landings and I especially like how they respond to potholes leading up tp a decent size jump.

I run them with some Renthal lows and I mounted my Pro Design kill on the clutch side....it goes....Grip, YZ Kill switch, PowerMadd HG, WC Clutch lever and then the Pro design kill switch and fits like a glove.

;)

XCRacer236
05-21-2010, 01:26 PM
i dont get why people think the Precision add height. they are no taller then stock clamps from Houser or someone.

mxpimp2000
05-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
i dont get why people think the Precision add height. they are no taller then stock clamps from Houser or someone.

i talked to george at precision and they add 1/2 inch height