View Full Version : Fresh top end

mydirtkids
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a tranny crack I am repairing, and now got my mind on some porting etc. The engine has low low hours as it sits, runs good, but since I have it out I am tempted to do some upgrades.

What are some upgrades with good value?

Stock 2010 DRR 90 motor (full circle crank and 28 PWK carb.), PCS pipe, Dr. pulley variator, Stage6 awesome clutch, ZTR 1500 spring, starter n oil tank removed.

Thinking:
Porting, Ceramic bearings, Stage6 cylinder (but he likes stock class), PVL, V-force intake...

Not experienced with these little motors so appreciate advice. At the same time, fairly satisfied with it the way it is. Are these worth the $ for mx? Thanks:)

G-force NW
05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Give me a call I can go over some options with you and email you a quote

machwon
05-20-2010, 04:33 AM
I'd recommend you port the cylinder, do a high comp head for race fuel, add a pvl and have it dyno tuned. The ceramic bearings are pretty pricey for the gain you notice. I'm not sure what series you race in but if a stage 6 cylinder knocks you out of the stock class, I'm thinking the pvl would too.

fomospede
06-01-2010, 12:36 PM
im new to the mini's but have yrs of exp. if you r mx you could port but i would reccomend the stage6 if you r xc might wanna port your stock to retain some bottom end torque. my .02,also gforce knows there stuff