PDA

View Full Version : First day with the new 700xx

yama450yfz
05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I have to say this is the quad I originally wanted to buy brand new two years ago... I am glad I didn't. I am not saying it is a bad bike at all cause I do love it. I am just not very impressed with the power. I have an 06' Yfz450 and it is just way more fun to ride. I can say I love the IRS it soaks up just about anything you can throw at it and the ground clearance is nice too. I really just expected this bike to be a little bit more of a brute. It just seems very tame and predictable... once you get used to the IRS that is. I'm hoping a new exhaust, intake, and programmer will help liven it up a bit. Now all you diehards don't get your panties in a bunch over my opinions.

wrekd
05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
That should liven it up quite a bit. From what I've read, they're pretty corked up from the factory.

I've ridden my friends 09 Brute with the IRS. IRS rides nice but just feels weird to me. I'd love to ride an XX just to see what it feels like, but I imagine it would be about the same ride just a lot less weight to throw around.

I think if Honda made it 4wd, upped the displacement a little bit, and kept the manual clutch, then they would have something. Or make it SRA.

I know I'd buy one if they did that. A manual trans 4x4 would be F'n awesome.

JMO

700xxmaniac
05-19-2010, 08:52 PM
yo join club700xx.com .... get the ehs or alba big 3 and ull be make +10 hp and just removing the air filter cap gives it 2.5 more hp and cut slots into the bafle inside the air-filter.

if u got it brand new ur not gona have full power till u put 20hours on it just like the renegade 800

skier207
05-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Once you install the Big 3, and a 13t front sproket you will see a major improvement in power. The XX is pretty "bottled up" from the factory.

Tires make a huge difference in handling, 23" Razr's on the front and 22x10x11 Razr's on the rear are like night and day compared to stock. Also try increasing the preload on the front shocks.

I kinda had the same first riding impression, but the more I ride it the more I like it.

tayyo789
05-21-2010, 12:12 AM
The fact that it's IRS also plays into the not feeling the power. The suspension will absorb some of the feel.

hotrodhonda400
05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by yama450yfz
I have to say this is the quad I originally wanted to buy brand new two years ago... I am glad I didn't. I am not saying it is a bad bike at all cause I do love it. I am just not very impressed with the power. I have an 06' Yfz450 and it is just way more fun to ride. I can say I love the IRS it soaks up just about anything you can throw at it and the ground clearance is nice too. I really just expected this bike to be a little bit more of a brute. It just seems very tame and predictable... once you get used to the IRS that is. I'm hoping a new exhaust, intake, and programmer will help liven it up a bit. Now all you diehards don't get your panties in a bunch over my opinions.

give it a chance she aint broke in yet, the fact this bike is SO smooth if kinda gives a peception and it's slow and it's really not :)

sixtynineford
06-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I put the fmf slip on muffler on mine two days after I got it and it made an almost unbelivable amount of power difference. Then I put on the powerbomb header and uni filter and the fmf controller. Felt quite about from the controller but still need some ironing out. Gonna put on 13t sprocket and tune some more on it today. But all and all real happy with the power and ride, makes my 440 ex feel slow and ride like no suspension.

hotrodhonda400
06-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 700xxmaniac
[

if u got it brand new ur not gona have full power till u put 20hours on it just like the renegade 800 [/B]

is this right!? never heard this before :confused:

99400esex
06-26-2010, 07:44 PM
These quads definitely rip. I took a friend of mines for a little ride and it definitely ran strong.

Myrkk
08-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey Yama450YFZ,

That’s a fair opinion. I have the TRX450R and the 700xx. They are completely different machines. My 450r is a lot zippier; 700xx is just all around better quality of ride. Welcome to exriders.

yama450yfz
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok after riding a bit more I do like my xx but I will say the shocks on it are garbage and the seat is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on.

iceracer65
09-02-2010, 06:30 PM
i love the XX!

motoworks full exhaust and a wiseco fuel controller, it runs very, very well. the front shocks are the only needed upgrade imo. i was suprised at how robust the rear shocks are. they are valved perfect as they should be and dont fade when hot. i have had mine too hot to touch and they act the same as when cold.

i just wish they would have put the same adjustable front brake handle on as the 450r. i think you can adjust out some of the brake fade feeling the XX gets when the front brakes get hot.

700xxmaniac
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400
is this right!? never heard this before :confused:

thats what ive bin told and i did notice a power increase after a few rides...

700xxmaniac
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by yama450yfz
Ok after riding a bit more I do like my xx but I will say the shocks on it are garbage and the seat is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on.
get some ds 450 front shock and send them with the rears to wiigstyle racing and the will respiring a re-valve em and ad a compression adjuster to the rear ome shocks...

look here; http://www.club700xx.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33