PDA

View Full Version : I made it!!!

416exfreak
05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Well, today is my last official day of high school!

I graduate for good May 28th, but they always give seniors the last week and a half off.

Its been a great trip, and ive met alot fo great people. Its going to be hard to say goodbye to alot of folks, but this school can kiss my ***!:D

Scottt89
05-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Congrats Man! But, cherish it, because at some point you are going to say to yourself "Wow, I wish I was back in HS, no bills, no responsibilities." I think everyone says that at least once.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
Congrats Man! But, cherish it, because at some point you are going to say to yourself "Wow, I wish I was back in HS, no bills, no responsibilities." I think everyone says that at least once.

I agree!

I'm a P.E. teacher for a HS and we always have seniors come back the next day after they are out of school just to visit. You were dying to get out of school and now you are here visiting... My Seniors graduated last night and I will have several come back in just to visit, because they don't have anything better to do.

Scro
05-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Congrats! Welcome to the real world.

yellowzo3
05-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Congrats dude! Ahhh I remember my last day of high school. It was crappy because our school didn't let seniors off early or anything. It was pouring rain and we had to stay for graduation practice at the end of the day. No one was even excited they finished school. We just had to sit in the cafeteria and wait for instructions. Weren't allowed to leave or celebrate or anything. :(

The no responsibilities thing everyone talks about is true. But I don't miss my school or anyone in it except for a handful of people. Actually I don't really talk to them anyway.

It's crazy... Everyone is going to go their own way now. Most people you'll never hear from again. If it weren't for facebook you DEFINITELY wouldn't hear from pretty much anyone. People you were pretty close with since you were a little kid will disappear and you'll make way more friends if you go to college.

ATVMX33
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
This was sorta my last day too..graduate on Friday

feuerstack411
05-19-2010, 10:26 AM
I graduated two years ago and damn I miss highschool.

Scottt89
05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Yup, you will have people that you wont see again, you will probably have a core group of friends that you still talk to and will always hang with, then if you live in a place like me, you will have a HS reunion @ the bar every weekend. And there will always be those people that you will see dating everyone they went to school with so they don't have to branch out and meet new people from a different area.

One_Bad_400
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
congrats. only a week and a half? i grad. last year, and we almost got a month off! lol

smr
05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89

I have heard so many people say that but not me.....Hell I'd rather do another tour in Iraq then spend another year in High School.

I've been out for over 20 years and I don't miss it one bit.

after I graduated high school I attended a Tech school..now that I enjoyed.

smr
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Congrats dude! Ahhh I remember my last day of high school. It was crappy because our school didn't let seniors off early or anything. It was pouring rain and we had to stay for graduation practice at the end of the day. No one was even excited they finished school. We just had to sit in the cafeteria and wait for instructions. Weren't allowed to leave or celebrate or anything. :(

The no responsibilities thing everyone talks about is true. But I don't miss my school or anyone in it except for a handful of people. Actually I don't really talk to them anyway.

It's crazy... Everyone is going to go their own way now. Most people you'll never hear from again. If it weren't for facebook you DEFINITELY wouldn't hear from pretty much anyone. People you were pretty close with since you were a little kid will disappear and you'll make way more friends if you go to college.

I'm with you man...You know what..I just remembered something. I didn't even show up for graduation. They told me I had to come and I said, I have to be in Fort Benning. They mailed me my deploma.....:D

Nope......don't miss school at all.

blaster12s
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
ive been out for a month :D
my school give the seinors the 4th mp off
and graduate tommrow!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO

yellowzo3
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by smr
I'm with you man...You know what..I just remembered something. I didn't even show up for graduation. They told me I had to come and I said, I have to be in Fort Benning. They mailed me my deploma.....:D

Nope......don't miss school at all.

LOL... I remember when they handed us our diplomas and took a picture with the principal and whatever... We looked inside our diploma holders or whatever and they were all empty.

They made every single person come to the high school during the summer to get their actual diploma, instead of giving them to us at graduation. :confused:

A buddy and I went to get ours like 5 days before the start of the new school year (So 3 months or so had passed) and there were still a BUNCH of people that never showed to pick up their diplomas :p

Graduation was BORING and I'm sure yours would have been the same. 100 degrees in a suit and the graduation gown, "listening" to speeches for 2 whole hours about nothing, listening to the popular kids make speeches about missing their friends, staring at everyone else dozing off lol. I didn't even stick around after the ceremony was done. Couldn't wait to get out of there lol

ngates788
05-19-2010, 01:09 PM
congrats on finishing the best years of your life!

slightlybent47
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Congratulations
The deference is after you graduate you don’t HAVE to go back; at that point it’s a choice. I never went back but when I went to community collage I liked it, sat in the front row the whole time just so I wouldn’t miss anything.

honda400ex2003
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Congrats! welcome to this pain in the butt people call life. lol. have a great day, enjoy! steve

Canadian144
05-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Congrats man!

I'm almost finished Grade 11 haha... can't wait for the summer.

CJM
05-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Congrats! Now welcome to the real world where you either go to college, work or do both like me.

I wish I was back in hs, no real responsibilities, and I had alot of fun cause I was a shop junky and never went to class senior year really.