PDA

View Full Version : oil spill in gulf the size of Rhode island

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 08:34 PM
they complain about our quads killing the spotted salamander. they better have something else to complain about then our little quads

k4f5x0r
05-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Now theyre saying it has a chance of being caught in the gulf stream and it coming up the east coast. If this gets anywhere near my water ill be pissed

If i had a chance to beat the pure living **** out of the idiot who decided to build everything the wrong way, id take it. "Oh yeah lets build an offshore drilling site, it will sink because we suck at building, and on top of it we'll cheap out of a emergency valve and then kick our own asses because were losing money now"

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
isn't the new york harbor already bad. I know it cant make the Boston harbor much worse

416exfreak
05-18-2010, 08:35 AM
You guys are *****ing about it up north already?

Good lord.. it hasnt even got to my beaches yet, and I live about 20 miles from the gulf, but about a 4 hr drive from where it all happened..

Does anyone else think someone on that rig just had some strong dope? It <b>WAS</b> 4/20 after all..

YOURADHERE
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Personally, while it is a bad situation, I think its getting blown WAY out of proportion. Watching the news you'd SWEAR these tards actually WANT it to be bad. They need a story.

I did get a chuckle the other day...some lady at work was freaking out about getting crawfish before the spill gets to them...about 95% of crawfish sold are farm raised....oh and they're strictly freshwater. :huh

trick450r
05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by YOURADHERE
Personally, while it is a bad situation, I think its getting blown WAY out of proportion. Watching the news you'd SWEAR these tards actually WANT it to be bad. They need a story.

I did get a chuckle the other day...some lady at work was freaking out about getting crawfish before the spill gets to them...about 95% of crawfish sold are farm raised....oh and they're strictly freshwater. :huh

bahaha thats pretty damn funny.

I hate the beach, when the closest beach is long island sound you learn to dislike it haha. You guys are *****ing about oil? how about tons and tons of nuclear waste sitting in the middle of long island sound sorrounded by a horribly under engineered concrete encasement which is now crumbling and too weak to pull back out and too weak to pour more onto...now thats a dilema

honda8&3
05-18-2010, 07:31 PM
All I have to say is that we pay oil companies trillions of dollars a year to do one thing, get us our petroleum products, and what do they do. F it up, as usual can't hire someone who knows what they're doing lets just be cheapos. I hate absolutely can not stand idiots.

SRH
05-19-2010, 11:58 AM
if you think thats bad you should see the hudson river:eek2:

ben300
05-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by SRH
if you think thats bad you should see the hudson river:eek2:

ha, you should try the rivers in pittsburgh...if your goofy enoughto go swimming in them, and get out and get under a black light, you'll have glowing stuff all over you:eek2:

SRH
05-20-2010, 10:34 PM
pssh ive never seen water like the hudson...its brown and full of trash..and nasty a little oil spill wont hurt much

250x_kyle
05-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by ben300
ha, you should try the rivers in pittsburgh...if your goofy enoughto go swimming in them, and get out and get under a black light, you'll have glowing stuff all over you:eek2:

the hudson is by far worse then any river in pittsburgh.

Ruf Racing
05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
You guys are *****ing about it up north already?

Good lord.. it hasnt even got to my beaches yet, and I live about 20 miles from the gulf, but about a 4 hr drive from where it all happened..

That's because it is getting caught in the loop current. That current goes up into the Gulf and then back down around the Fla. Keys. Oil is already showing up at Key West. It may reach the Carolina's before it hits the northern west coast of Florida. It's not good, how every you slice it. :(

krt400ex
05-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
the hudson is by far worse then any river in pittsburgh.

the hudson is nastyy. i was out on it last night actually. absolutly disgusting. but sitting on a yacht on the hudson holding your girl and looking at the lights in the city is one of the most amazing experiences

DnB_racing
05-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
sitting on a yacht on the hudson holding your girl and looking at the lights in the city is one of the most amazing experiences [/B]
STOP!!!! your making me feel all warm and cozy NOT. talk about dirt and mud thats what gets me all romantic!!