PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do TV repair?

TGW_400ex
05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I have a 46 inch Sony Bravia LCD TV. It's not even two years old yet and it is screwed up. When I first turn it on it flickers but eventually it stops. The big problem it about 3 inches of the bottom shows in a darker color and seems to delay compared to the rest of the screen. Does anyone know around how much it would cost to have this repaired?

05-17-2010, 06:21 PM
clean the connectors inside the TV. We buy and sell alot of TV's mostly vizio though and 90% of problems are because the connectors just dusty or so. get a little can of compressed air and alcohol on a qtip and clean them. if not your main board might be shot. can get one for 100-200 or call sony and they might give you one or send someone out to fix your tv

TGW_400ex
05-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom
clean the connectors inside the TV. We buy and sell alot of TV's mostly vizio though and 90% of problems are because the connectors just dusty or so. get a little can of compressed air and alcohol on a qtip and clean them. if not your main board might be shot. can get one for 100-200 or call sony and they might give you one or send someone out to fix your tv

Yea they gave me numbers to call but noone really can give me an estimate or if its worth it.

TRX_450
05-17-2010, 10:02 PM
dont open up the tv yourself....ever. it voids any warranty and i worked for 3 years in tv/electronic repair and when we got tvs in that had been opened by customers (its very easy to tell once you get inside) we charged double. sounds like maybe a bad lvds connection or maybe even the logic board. i'd take it in to somebody and have them take a look, im probably too far away or id have a go at it. worst case scenario one of the lcd drivers went out and its not too bad to repair. but once again....do not try and fix it yourself.