PDA

View Full Version : Viper 90 sputtering bad

Hutchracer
05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
I was wondering if anybody has had this issue at all with the Viper 90 2 strokes. The quad is bone stock it belongs to a family member and when she rides it the thing is sputtering and will not rev out almost like it has a fouled plug. I have cleaned the carb out, installed a new plug, cleaned the air filter and put fresh gas into it and still get the same result. I am not sure the brand of injector oil it has in it but it smokes alot like it is getting to much oil. Any help would be great I've not worked on Etons before as we race a Kymco Mongoose and there are different style motors. Anyone know where to grt a manual for these quads? Thanks

lon
05-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Ours had a pretty good miss when one of the wires that plug into to coil wasn't making good contact.

Hutchracer
05-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Ok I will have to check that Im not sure if she rides it thru water or mud so I guess we will pull and clean the contacts and see if it helps the sputtering.

Needmorehp
05-24-2010, 03:12 PM
take the bolt out of the exhaust it is probably plugged, mine did the same, and make sure the air filter is clean, could also drain carb. possible water, but I bet the bolt on the muffler works, I think it is 12mm?