PDA

View Full Version : help please

pope59
05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
over the weekend i was out at the dunes and my r was running grate all day got back to camp and got the quad into my truck then i notice that the gasket on the spacer plate was blown out almost all away around the spacer plate i could not believe the motor has just 2 trips to the dunes on it from a fresh rebuild on it what the hell would have caused this?? i am mad at my self that i did not see all of the oil on the case too how stupid can i bee i guess pretty stupid thanks for the help and the motor work was done by one of the top notch guys too

Honda 250r 001
05-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by pope59
over the weekend i was out at the dunes and my r was running grate all day got back to camp and got the quad into my truck then i notice that the gasket on the spacer plate was blown out almost all away around the spacer plate i could not believe the motor has just 2 trips to the dunes on it from a fresh rebuild on it what the hell would have caused this?? i am mad at my self that i did not see all of the oil on the case too how stupid can i bee i guess pretty stupid thanks for the help and the motor work was done by one of the top notch guys too

Warped gasket surface, cheap gaskets, or not torqued down even or tight enough.

86 Quad R
05-17-2010, 09:38 AM
did you use any gasket adhesive like three bond on it. great stuff. :D

for future reference it is a good idea after the initial breakin to go back and retorque the base and head nuts even after using the three bond. :cool:

pope59
05-17-2010, 10:25 PM
it was just a hone job and new rings on the piston. my mechanic told me it was OK to ride but failed to tell me to re torque the cylinder bolts.

thanks guys