PDA

View Full Version : to part out or not?

swampdonie
05-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for advice. I have an 87 quadracer that I'm debating on should I sell as a whole or part out. Everything is fine on the bike it runs and looks great no problems at all. The thing has barely ever been rode. A friend of mine bought it new and never really took it out I got it a year ago off him and I've pretty much done the same. The motor was rebuilt about a year and 1/2 ago. Seems like a great bike and all but 2 stroke isnt for me. Any advice is appreciated.

jerkin
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
The problem with parting one of these out is that the parts do not command a premium price. If you had something like a 250r or a quadzilla that was only made for 4 years then the price of the parts is substantial but in your case they made these bikes for 8 years and most of the parts interchange so they are a dime a dozen.

You might make a little more by parting it out but I doubt it would be worth the effort. There is a lot of work in stripping it down, cleaning up the parts, packaging, shipping, etc. Not to mention the time you'll have into listing and pricing everything plus answering a couple dozen emails, lol. You will also have half a quad scattered across your garage for several months until you get rid of everything.

If it's in as good of shape as you say it is you should have no problem selling it whole, especially if you have a clean title. I'd clean it up and put it on craigslist and see what someone's willing to pay for it. Post a couple pictures and a price on this forum, doesn't cost anything.