PDA

View Full Version : Proud of myself

juice420
05-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I know this may not be interesting to alot of people on here but I just jetted my carb for the first time. I used to pay the stealer I mean dealer to do it, but after being on here for a while now a few of you guys convinced me to grow a pair and do it myself. Cataway suggested a 155 main, so that's what I used and it runs like a dream now. I cant believe i was paying those guys 120 bucks a pop to do what just took me a little under an hour to do. So to anyone out there that's hesitant at jetting your carb, trust me its not hard at all.

Scro
05-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Congrats. Now grow a bigger pair and pull that valve cover:devil:

juice420
05-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Congrats. Now grow a bigger pair and pull that valve cover:devil:
Exactly my thoughts, doing that next weekend than I'm dealer-free!!!!!

yellowzo3
05-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice man :cool: ...It is a little intimidating if you've never opened a carb before as you dont want to strip and of the small screws and all that jazz. But once you do it and figure out the main jet, pilot jet, etc... its fairly simple and now you'll save a ton! Plus you wont have to leave it at the dealership and worry about it.

juice420
05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Nice man :cool: ...It is a little intimidating if you've never opened a carb before as you dont want to strip and of the small screws and all that jazz. But once you do it and figure out the main jet, pilot jet, etc... its fairly simple and now you'll save a ton! Plus you wont have to leave it at the dealership and worry about it.
Yeh, strangely enough the dealer had already replaced the brass screws with some stainless steel allen heads. And they had already installed a 25 pilot so I was set on that too. All I had to do was swap out the main.

slightlybent47
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Congratulations on the new nads, it’s always better when you do it yourself and I’m not trying to top you but after you do the jets a few times that hour it took the first time will only take you about ten minuets.
To just change out the main takes me less than 5 minuets.

05-17-2010, 01:29 AM
deffinately nice to change your own jets. The YFZ's are cake, they have one screw on the bottom of the carb that gives access to the main and pilot. Makes for 5 minute jet changes.

One_Bad_400
05-17-2010, 05:51 AM
congrats. its always fun learning new stuff!

wow 120 bucks a pop! it doesnt take me a second over 5 minutes to have a new jet in my 450r. i think i might open up a jet-puttin-in buisness. thats good money lol

dns1764
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
yikes! $120 to jet it...and i was just thought of dropping mine off to get done. guess i'll call up my boy and have him give me a hand

juice420
05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by dns1764
yikes! $120 to jet it...and i was just thought of dropping mine off to get done. guess i'll call up my boy and have him give me a hand
Yeh the Kawi dealer over here charges 85 an hour labor rate, and they claim it takes them an hour and a half lol. Just one of the reasons I'm now doing it myself.