PDA

View Full Version : Rear Axle Play

sparrino
05-16-2010, 06:12 PM
i feel like i cant catch a break with this DRR 50. every ride its something else. last week the stock shock blew up, which i replaced w another stocker for now, today the chain popped off which led me to find that there is play in rear axle from side to side. is there a bearing somehere???

05-16-2010, 06:31 PM
yes there is in the carrier in between the swinger where your axles go thru. does it move forward to rear or wheel to wheel?

Ryki3r
05-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Check to make sure the 2 axle nuts to the right of the sprocket are tight. They will come loose every now and then. They make a nut to replace them.
Call Gary at G-FORCE he has them in stock.

mydirtkids
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by sparrino
i feel like i cant catch a break with this DRR 50. every ride its something else.

Yeah, welcome to the DRR.. I am getting a little ticked. What is worse, so is Momma!
Had my son (8) out learning to ride my 400EX. Yes, I agree.. way way too much bike. I wanted to see if he could catch on to shifting... took all of about 1 hour for him to get hooked. Can't peel the kid off now. Wife is right, TOO much machine, so we are going to look in to a HONDA... 250 or so. They let the kids ride up to 250 four sroke in Super mini.

Maybe I should have saved the $9,000 and got him a real bike?

Sorry all, just down on the DRR lately... :mad: No offense (I have one too!)
Everyone on here has been great, and I really need the support right now!

EthansDad
05-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Did you ever have the frame reinforced? If you had a rear shock failure, its a good bet your kid is jumping well/hard. its pretty easy to get a bent frame or swing arm which will lead to enough twist to pop chains off.

Here are a few things to check:

1. top shock mount - look from top, see any cracks/bends?

2. rear motor mounts (two smaller bolts in back) - are they tight? any noticeable twist there?

3. chain tension - very basic, but poor tension will cause chain slips or pops - also check chain tensioner itself - they need grease and can freeze up.

4. the 4 bolts that hold the rear bearing housing - they come loose and can cause twist.

5. the two large axle nuts - they can, and will come loose very often. I've never had them come loose enough to let the axle move left/right, but could happen.

6. The rear sprocket itself - is it bent? a rear end crash could bent it. check the teeth to see if wear is uneven, like pulling to the left/right.

sparrino
05-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. i will look into them all and update you. then i think i am going to get my son back on his TRX 90 Honda. nowhere near as high performance, but bulletproof...

mydirtkids
05-17-2010, 07:22 PM
How do you like the Honda 90? Easy to mod?

rmuscle
05-18-2010, 05:40 AM
welcome to the world of minni s .