PDA

View Full Version : whitish oil in breather box?????

Gommer450r
05-16-2010, 02:28 PM
i have an 06 yfz450 and every so often ill check the hose from starter gear it will be white greasy oily stuff in the line and in the breather box beside the air box on the frame where that line conects too
butt i always drain my oil in the base and it be pitch black with out a hint of water in it
always just seems like its just in that line
really nervous on this but not loosing any antifreeze
just got the motor built at the dealer from crank up replaced water pump shaft and seals
what would cause this?

JR3
05-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Gommer450r
i have an 06 yfz450 and every so often ill check the hose from starter gear it will be white greasy oily stuff in the line and in the breather box beside the air box on the frame where that line conects too
butt i always drain my oil in the base and it be pitch black with out a hint of water in it
always just seems like its just in that line
really nervous on this but not loosing any antifreeze
just got the motor built at the dealer from crank up replaced water pump shaft and seals
what would cause this?

before i eliminated the box on my race quad mine use to do the same thing i never knew why either but then i just ran the breather lines to the ground and never had a problem

Gommer450r
05-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Okay thanks for the info

mxpimp2000
05-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JR3
before i eliminated the box on my race quad mine use to do the same thing i never knew why either but then i just ran the breather lines to the ground and never had a problem

x2:D