PDA

View Full Version : Next Mod?

J Med
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I want to Do some performance mods and would love to get rid of the notorios backfire. So the question is what exhaust is the best. I like the dual exhaust but thats gonna be more weight. and then iv herd that HMF is the best or CT.... blah blah blah. soWhat exhaust would you guys pick $$$ not an issue!!!

I ride a 2008 525s. no performance mods.

pro armor bumper and polaris Nerf bars.

pa28
05-16-2010, 05:24 PM
fmf factory 4.1 with powerbomb headers and rath racing intake

birdman7389
05-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pa28
fmf factory 4.1 with powerbomb headers and rath racing intake

IMO, most slip-ons are very similar. Find the one that looks and sounds best, for the best price. For me, that was a Muzzy's. HMF is very popular, CT is said to make the best power.

The header is not a power gainer.....

sheriff525
05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I just got the new HMF pipe. I love it. Plus I took my stock header and had it ceramic coated. Now it doesn't pop anymore and it sounds nice. Not any louder than before at least.
LOVE IT

beastlywarrior
05-17-2010, 07:52 AM
hmf competition

J Med
05-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Now what about these other companies, DG, HMF, Trinity racing, Yoshimura, Two Brothers, Muzzy. i Mean everyone has fmf but does FmF tune there pipe to specific bikes or is it just 1 pipe fits all kinda thing going on? and how come the Header pipe adds no power as u said? i mean the titanium power bomb. looks to be bigger and with a high flow exhaust and air filter a bigger header would be ideal wouldnt it? im not engineer but that makes sence not to mention headers on other applications do make a significant diff.

Is there only one company that makes a dual exhaust for the 525s cuz imo they look awsome.

sleddog66
05-19-2010, 04:32 AM
I have read where the power bomb actually lost 1-2 hp. The stock header has a good flow, and nobody has "proven" a better header that I have heard about. The main reason for a new header IMO would be to go stainless, or titanium, to avoid rust. I have a complete muzzy, and love it, but it does run over 100 db, if noise is a factor.

xtreme 250x
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
HOW MUCH DID THE CERMIC COATING COST YOU?

J Med
05-20-2010, 12:32 AM
noise is not a factor but what about the pure polaris dual exhaust I like the looks of the dual pipes, but is there any performance increases? i mean theres prolly not as significant as the CT or HMF. since its a factory after market exhaust. if anyone is running the Duals some feed back would be great.

Also i want to get some new wheels anyone know a good site for wheels? i dont want beedlock I dont have the need for that. I love the SS wheels but alot of the ones I like are utility wheels. do web sites give anyone hard times since our bolt patterns are diff from front--> back?

My bike is red&white , red grips, black pro armor front bumper, polaris Nerf Bars, and I painted the Swing arm and A Arms Black looks so much better IMO. Id like a Matte black exhaust but chrome/ aluminum would be fine I like the Duels like I said b4, I used to own a dope banchee with custom duals, and I had my dad fab up quad exhaust tips for it. looked so sick. then got stolen. insurence cash paid for the 525s.

LT80
05-23-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm getting a 450s.
It has a FMF which will be replaced by a Sparks (if he makes one) or Yoshi. I have nothing against a HMF.
I know a racer that had a FMF pipe w/power bomb. Once the FMF sponsorship went away so did the FMF pipe. A Sparks replaced it and the power increase was more than noticable.
It's a power "bomb" for sure..LOL

sheriff525
05-23-2010, 10:09 AM
My ceramic coating cost me $64. I had it done locally.

I don't believe that there is a duals for the 525. I think the only duals were for the 500 outlaw. I may be wrong but that is what I think.

My brother spent $900.00 on his exhaust system and he got the full FMF with Mega bomb header. Titanium. His quad ended up being slightly slower than mine....exact same mods except he is running razrs and I razr2's in the back. I think my quad makes a bit more power to push the extra weight with the razr2s.

I spent $253.00 on my new competition pipe (includes the ATVPT 20% member discount) and I spent the $64 on my header and it sounds so good and looks so good. so $310 vs $900. I feel good....even better when I pull a length on him.

Since then my brother and my dad all bought the HMF and ceramic coated the header. It works well.