PDA

View Full Version : apex help!!!

911-199
05-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Were new to mini quads. My boys ride 65cc dirtbikes. But they talked me into buying a 2006 apex pro shark 90. Were looking to add more power to it. I know i can add a pipe but i dont know anything about the cvt. So how can i make it faster? It is not going to be raced but ridden on our track at home. Are the 16x6.5x8 tires a good choice for rear tire size. Any info would help alot. Also do they have any weak spots i need to watch out for. They rode it for 45 minutes on our track. They broke the swing arm in 4 spots. We rewelded it and gusseted it, but should i closely watch anywere else.Thanks

3racers
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
They must be jumping alot not a apex expert but they have weak gears you should check on a slipper sprocket.
Watch above chain on frame and under seat and stering stem mount at top.Ported cylinders and clutch work do good but 2 fast cylinders and cranks are fast if you wanta spend that kind of $$$.Hetrick Racing know these preatty good too.

G-force NW
05-19-2010, 11:14 PM
If you have any questions or need parts give us a call we sale and use Apex atvs

bulldogfallon
06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Tuning the CVT and jetting the carb will always be helpful...

Basic upgrades could include:
Pipe (w/rejetting)
Port Cylinder

Carb size could be a factor in some of the suggestions as well...

Do you know what carb you have on the machine?

As "3Racers" posted a slipper sprocket will save you some headaches for sure once they start jumping

For the back yard rider the 2Fast Kit is way too much power and would require way too many other upgrades to make sense...more than you paid for the quad.

marsrace2
06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
on an 06 Pro Shark the best thing to do for Performance is a Carb and Pipe. The stock 16-18 mm carb on that is Garbage. I would replace it with a 24mm Kehin D slide with a Koso intake and decent of reeds, also a Uni 2 Stage filter. At the same time I would replace the stock pipe with a Trackside pipe. This will probably give you all the power you need and will also still work for you later on if you ever decide to build up the motor or use an aftermarket cylinder. Keep in mind that you will need to tune the CVT spring and rollers also when you make these changes.