PDA

View Full Version : check your pro grip foot pegs for cracks

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I thought that the pro-grip pegs by pro armor were the best pegs That I ever used until today when mine broke right off at the weld, after landing a hard jump. Im lucky Im still walking. I thought it was an isolated incident until I looked at my other peg and its ready to brake off. So I mounted my stock pegs on and went for another ride and was talking to some riding buddies at the pits and one of them had the same problem, Someone is going to get hurt real bad I already emailed pro grip and awaiting there response but if you have them on your quad check them good before riding right near the mount weld give it a good lift up and down to make sure its not stressed

JR3
05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I thought that the pro-grip pegs by pro armor were the best pegs That I ever used until today when mine broke right off at the weld, after landing a hard jump. Im lucky Im still walking. I thought it was an isolated incident until I looked at my other peg and its ready to brake off. So I mounted my stock pegs on and went for another ride and was talking to some riding buddies at the pits and one of them had the same problem, Someone is going to get hurt real bad I already emailed pro grip and awaiting there response but if you have them on your quad check them good before riding right near the mount weld give it a good lift up and down to make sure its not stressed

i had the same problem with pro aromr welds but everybody thought i was a a s shole:rolleyes:

yfzrider310
05-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Any propeg nerfbar is going to get stressed more than stock because of the added length. My moose propeg nerfs broke at the end twice. Then I added gussets between the nerfbar and peg. Just check em and weld em is all you can do with these propegs.

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 05:29 PM
not nurfs just the pegs right at were they mount to the quad on the weld to the mounts I just dont want anyone to get hurt coming down and not having a footpeg there to stop them from going under the wheels

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 07:32 PM
this is the type off pegs that im takling about on my quad Ill get pics of the broken one tomorow but those that have these pegs check right near the weld on the mounts

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
im sorry they are called power grips heres a pic of the pegs not my broke ones till tomorow

CJM
05-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Is this what your talking about? http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=7&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&keyword=PEGS&prodFamilyId=12526#vehicleSelect

I was looking into getting a set..

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 05:34 AM
no those are maximiser the ones i broke are power grips ill get some close up pics of the broken pegs today

CJM
05-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Ah ok, was just wondering which ones they were.

quad2xtreme
05-16-2010, 12:26 PM
How old are your pegs? The reason I ask is they updated them. The square tubing on the originals aren't nearly as beefy as the new ones.

I cracked mine somewhere around the beginning of 2009 and ordered just the replacement part. When the new one came in, I immediately noticed it was made from thicker material.

/Jon

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
mine were about 1 year old but my friends were only 3 months old

quad2xtreme
05-16-2010, 01:44 PM
mine were about 1 year old but my friends were only 3 months old

guessing you have the newer design then. You want to measure the thickness of the square peg portion? I can let you know what mine are.

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I didnt get to my shop today to take pegs off but from looking At them yesterday they are about 1/8 thick square tubing they broke right next to the weld and the tube is about 1 inch tubing

quad2xtreme
05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I didnt get to my shop today to take pegs off but from looking At them yesterday they are about 1/8 thick square tubing they broke right next to the weld and the tube is about 1 inch tubing

If it is 1/8" then it is only 66% the thickness of the newer 3/16" ones. When I replaced mine, they cost $15 for the pair.

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 05:02 PM
I checked pro armor web site and only found the teeth not the posts them selves were did you get yours from

quad2xtreme
05-16-2010, 05:16 PM
direct from Pro Armor. I called them and talked to customer service. Been so long I can't remember her name.

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
was the girls name Elisha Rapheal im waiting on her response now thanks

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 05:36 PM
its just a shame this happened the peg cost me 180 that's the most Ive ever spent on pegs Ive never inspected my pegs before but I will now. and i go through my quad every weekend checking everything its immaculate and in excellent shape not beat looking and I never thought that I needed to look at the post of the foot pegs before I learned that lesson the hard way my leg is black and blue Its a good thing that I was riding in soft sand when it happened and not hard rocky stuff like I usually ride or I would have probably broke something or worse

quad2xtreme
05-16-2010, 06:52 PM
was the girls name Elisha Rapheal im waiting on her response now thanks

definitely not.

quad2xtreme
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
its just a shame this happened the peg cost me 180 that's the most Ive ever spent on pegs Ive never inspected my pegs before but I will now. and i go through my quad every weekend checking everything its immaculate and in excellent shape not beat looking and I never thought that I needed to look at the post of the foot pegs before I learned that lesson the hard way my leg is black and blue Its a good thing that I was riding in soft sand when it happened and not hard rocky stuff like I usually ride or I would have probably broke something or worse

I busted both the heel guard and cracked the front mount on the nerf bar. It did save me though. Ended my day at the track though.