PDA

View Full Version : stay away from pro-grip footpegs

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I thought that the pro-grip pegs by pro armor were the best pegs That I ever used until today when mine broke right off at the weld, after landing a hard jump. Im lucky Im still walking. I thought it was an isolated incident until I looked at my other peg and its ready to brake off. So I mounted my stock pegs on and went for another ride and was talking to some riding buddies at the pits and one of them had the same problem, Someone is going to get hurt real bad I already emailed pro grip and awaiting there response but if you have them on your quad check them good before riding right near the mount weld give it a good lift up and down to make sure its not stressed

Baileygunns
05-15-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.tampabayridindirty.com/forum/images/smilies/needpics.gif

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 07:03 PM
ill take some pics tommorow but I thought that its important enough to make sure no one gets hurt. Im not a pro armor hater or anyhing so just check your welds on the mounts until I get pics to show you exactly were im talking about, even though its not to hard to figure out were im talking about, people told me that I would get sarcasm from some ignorant people but I can take sarcusm from jerks its better than knowing that I didnt say something and someone got hurt and im waiting for proarmor to reply and I hope they either stop making them or make sure they are safe. I never had any problems with any other pegs before and didnt check them before every ride but i will now!

DnB_racing
05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
this is them on my quad, ill get pics of the brake tomorow but those who have know were to look for stress cracks near the weld.

450r07
05-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I would like to see some pics of the cracks. I would definitely think it is possible for them to crack i have broken pegs clear off the frame before. Haven't ran the pro Armor pegs though. Think that i am going to go with the ims pegs myself

kodymx13
05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
useperiodsandspellcheckitseasiertoread

05-16-2010, 07:57 PM
el oh el wut?

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Im sorry if its to hard for you to understand.I will make sure its idiot proof next time just for you Kody. I forget that if the refrigerator didnt have a handle some people like you would starve.......,,,,,,,??? can you understand this you little punk! Im just trying to make sure no one gets hurt but you wouldn't understand that either.

05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
Im sorry if its to hard for you to understand.I will make sure its idiot proof next time just for you Kody. I forget that if the refrigerator didnt have a handle some people like you would starve.......,,,,,,,??? can you understand this you little punk! Im just trying to make sure no one gets hurt but you wouldn't understand that either.

this... is a perfect time for U MAD?

DnB_racing
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
no im just lucky I dint brake my leg, and I just wanted to help I didnt need smart ars(sp) remarks like he made about anything. Its like I said I got hurt pretty good and dont want to see it happen to anybody else, that all that upsets me is some people just dont get it,

Baileygunns
05-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Lets see an actual picture of the break... One were we can see the weld and the post and the plate. Take a few pics and take pics of the one that almost broke. It will help others to fix the issue before it's an issue. I would like to see how deep the welds are to and how they were placed understand if that was the issue... An arrow pointing to your peg from 10 feet away and saying it broke isn't going to help anyone.

If you're really worried about breaking your leg you should put some nerfbars on that thing...

And lastly... Don't be a p*ssy... If your feelings are that sensitive maybe you should stay off the internet...

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 06:46 AM
I taking pics when I get to my shop today to show them, but in the mean time I wanted to make sure people checked there pegs really any type of peg, its a piece of equipment that isn't checked as often as it should be. when you think about what it does and the abuse it takes. Im telling you, its a big surprise when you come down of a jump and the peg just disappears, And Im far from sensitive .I just dont think this is a topic to turn into a joke or an argument, if your son or daughter cracked there skull cause I didnt say anything I think that might open your blind eyes to what im trying to do.The pics arnt as important as to make people aware that THEY SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK THERE PEGS BEFORE EVERY RIDE ALL TYPES!!!!!Im not looking for why my pegs broke, so pics will be just to shut the none believers up. Once I get the pics I dont want to here about how or why they broke, because that's really not important the thing that is important is they broke and it could result in death that's completely out of your control unless YOU CHECK PEGS BEFORE EVERY RIDE ALL TYPES!!!!! SO (Bailey) unless you have something that relates to safty of other riders and undestand that im not a pro armor hater then Ive lost all respect for you and dont even bother posting on my thread! the type of riding I do nerfs just get in the way. too many rocks and I drag race also, so nurfs arnt for eveybody. so im just trying to help, why are you being a jerk!!

Baileygunns
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
WOW... You're a douche bag...

All I asked for were pics.

Don't bother, at this point I couldn't care less.

fastredrider44
05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
I can't believe how mad you are towards Pro Armor. Things break, no matter what brand they are. So If I rip a footpeg off a frame, should I say everyone beware of Honda? No. That's just part of it. Just calm down buddy. Things break.

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
im not mad ay pro armor they are being very good about this. Im mad at people watering down the importance of safety, im saying it again CHECK ALL PEGS not just pro armor. its something that most people dont check, and that's all that im trying to get across, and if people think im a douch bag for that then there opinion is worthless, as we are on this forum to help better the sport. and to help other riders from our experiences. if I cant tell about a problem that I encountered without persecution then what good is this forum. but at least losers like barely guns keep this post on top so someone might find some use to the info and they wont get hurt so thanks your really helping the cause by being a moron. im not getting mad because of things braking that happens im just trying to make more people aware of a safety issue. and some people dont seem to care that is what amazes me

Black Sheep
05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm kinda curious about the condition of your suspension. I hear about broken frames, footpegs, bent wheels, ect all the time. Always these parts get the blame when the majority of the time the fault lies in poor suspension. If your suspension is not working properly then the load is passed on to something else...most notably the frame, footpegs, or wheels.
It never fails to amaze me how people are more worried about having the "fastest" engine or the best graphics and they ignore the most important part of any off road vehicle...SUSPENSION.
Even when people take the effort to initially set up their suspension properly the majority do not service their shocks on a regular basis. Shocks should be serviced every 20-30hrs. How many of you actually do that?

No offense to the author of this thread but, I think there is more to this than a bad weld.

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 02:24 PM
your probably exactly right my stock suspension is sub par but is adjusted correct for my riding style,im not wondering why they broke many reasons,im sure.I have always checked every inch of my quad but I admit I overlooked the pegs (totally my fault) but im sure im not the only one that has overlooked the pegs. JUST TRY TO IMAGINE THE FEELING OF LANDING AND NO PEG that's what im trying to get across to everyone

fastredrider44
05-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
im not mad ay pro armor they are being very good about this. Im mad at people watering down the importance of safety, im saying it again CHECK ALL PEGS not just pro armor. its something that most people dont check, and that's all that im trying to get across, and if people think im a douch bag for that then there opinion is worthless, as we are on this forum to help better the sport. and to help other riders from our experiences. if I cant tell about a problem that I encountered without persecution then what good is this forum. but at least losers like barely guns keep this post on top so someone might find some use to the info and they wont get hurt so thanks your really helping the cause by being a moron. im not getting mad because of things braking that happens im just trying to make more people aware of a safety issue. and some people dont seem to care that is what amazes me

The title of your thread is "Stay away from Pro-grip pegs" Not "check you pegs for cracks" I don't want to argue with you, I'm just saying it sounds like you're running their name down. Which I should care less, as I run IMS pegs anyway.

Black sheep, you're right on. A decent suspension is better than anything else.

kodymx13
05-17-2010, 02:29 PM
All I did was tell you to use periods. And tada you started using them along with commas. Now its readable. And in this situation pics of the broken area will make a huge difference. So dont get on people for asking for visual facts. stuff breaks. it happens. theres always a weak link. make some pro pegs.

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 02:29 PM
ya the title of this post isn't what i should have said. I put it in open topics as check for cracks, but at the time i just landed on the ground from a ten foot fall, you right its not the right wording

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
if any off you guys checked yours then that's all i wanted! did you?and Kody at the time I just took the worst crash that i have ever had I wasn't worried about spelling

DnB_racing
05-17-2010, 02:47 PM
at the time I wrote that I was sore as helll and I only wanted to get the word out. The timing for any sarcasm wasn't then. I dont mind saying that I caused it to brake, maybe I did But to say its useless info without pics or spelling was wrong, really wasn't on top of my list of what was importantat the time!

fastredrider44
05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Stuff breaks, and people on here will give you a hard time. Both are kinda like unwritten laws. I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were. But you said you were coming down from ten feet. How much do you weigh and was this on stock suspension? ten feet makes for a pretty rough landing on a stock suspension, thus causing broken pegs, frames, bolts, etc.

Scro
05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Nothing is perfect and anything will break given the right circumstances. Footpegs are no exception and should be checked regularly.

See, now wasn't that simple??:D