PDA

View Full Version : Better to sell as a complete machine or part out?

rigger
05-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Just wanted your thoughts on this one guys. I have bought and sold plenty of machines and parts but I have never tried parting out a complete atv before.

I have a 400 and an R that I am looking to sell. I would rather just sell them as a complete ride but is it any better or faster to part them out on e-bay?

Thanks for your thougts.

Scro
05-15-2010, 02:34 PM
It depends on how much aftermarket you have. If it's mostly stock, you will probably be better off just to sell it as a whole because you won't get much more money by parting it out. If you have quite a bit of aftermarket, you will definitely get more money by parting it out. It will take longer to get your money by parting it out than selling as a whole.

05-15-2010, 04:07 PM
what do you want to get out of them

rigger
05-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Not real shure. There are some other 400EX's in my area for sale too for in the upper 2 grand range. They seem to have a bit more aftermarket on them than mine but the one I have is very low hours and has all the normal bolt on stuff. It is an 03' with a good bit of new stuff on it. I would like to get maybe 2500 for it. Not shure if it would pull that or not but based off of the others that I have seen, it may be the better deal.

The R has way to much stuff on it to list. I built it from a frame and would like to get somewhere around 3 grand for it. Again just basing the prices from others I have seen in the area.

I was thinking of parting them both out but I would rather sell them as a whole.