PDA

View Full Version : $200 to spend.. need speed... advice?

Emanon
05-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi all, my daughter is going to be riding a 2002 at Glamis. It needs some more speed (she is just too big for her built LT 80) and needs some more umph to her 02 TRX 90.
This is what the bike has... the rest is stock.

Paddles (gliders)
Big Gun Race exhaust
Pink Wire Cut
K&N Filter
Ricky Stator for lights

So I have about $200 to spend on it. What would you recommend???

Thanks in advance for your help!

Arctic Cat Dad
05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
For about $200 you can get a 52mm cylinderand high dome piston kit,25mm intake,and a 25mm carb. Port and polish the head I did mine myself, For about $60 you can get a cam. The web site is Dratv.com or Beatrice cycle. Very good prices. Also a 6 degree advance key will help. These engines are very easy to build if you have any mechanic skills you can do it yourself. PM me if u need any help.

Arctic Cat Dad
05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I just went and checked the prices. 52mm big bore kit complete,$130. The 25mm carb is $50,the intake is $22. So this is right in the $200 price range plus shipping. plus the throttle cable.

Emanon
05-17-2010, 11:00 PM
that sounds like it would work perfectly!!! Gonna have to check it out!!!

John Noftsinger
05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
I just got a used kazume 90 and it is a honda copy you might want to look at the parts they have there the same I think and very cheap from china the entire motor is like 150 dollars sounds crazy just go to kazume.com and look at the parts might be able to switch 90 to 125 top end.

freundly
06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I've looked at the dratv.com stuff before & wondered about how reliable all that stuff is. Anytime motor parts are cheap I get kinda leary. If others on here have not had problems with those parts I might have to order some of that stuff too. Any comments from people who have used that stuff??

miniquaddad90
06-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by freundly
I've looked at the dratv.com stuff before & wondered about how reliable all that stuff is. Anytime motor parts are cheap I get kinda leary. If others on here have not had problems with those parts I might have to order some of that stuff too. Any comments from people who have used that stuff??

We've used DR stuff over the years, dont let the price scare you, my dad is a machinist and weve checked their stuff many of times and no issues. I prefer some of the other stuff out there but the DRATV stuff works just fine. Almost all of the stuff out there is from china and/or tiawan even though some say it aint...... :confused:

airmobile101
06-02-2010, 10:26 AM
This is the route I plan on taking

http://http://hondaminitrail.com/GIFS/P843.jpg

airmobile101
06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Privateer Racing 115cc bore kit. This is one of the best bangs for the bucks for your TRX90. Kit comes complete with our Privateer Racing head, 25mm Intake valve - 22mm Exhaust Valve, Privateer Racing cam and performance rocker arms, matched high compression piston kit as well as our aluminum high quality 54mm x 69mm cylinder. We have built this kit and taken all of the guess work out of building this kit so that you do not need and cylinder spacers or custom made item to make your motor kit run properly. Our kit design is modeled after the Takegawa R-STAGE technology. This piston kit will not run on a stock head without custom machine work, only matched to our Privateer Racing Head.
Some material might need to be removed from your motor case to allow the cylinder skirt to engage in the motor case.

miniquaddad90
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Tim,
That is a nice kit, a friend of ours has it and it works well!

airmobile101
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Tim,
That is a nice kit, a friend of ours has it and it works well!
Well, unfortunately I need the suspension set first before I blow money on that.But! Thats what we will end up with sooner or later. lol

miniquaddad90
06-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by airmobile101
Well, unfortunately I need the suspension set first before I blow money on that.But! Thats what we will end up with sooner or later. lol

That's the best approach, pipe, suspension, then motor. BTW-the privateer kit is on the young lady's Honda in the holeshot pic right behind my daughter. She's just running Elkas, motor, pipe, and DAMN FAST too!! She gets my daughter in the tight woods all the time with the narrow machine :(

airmobile101
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
hahahaha, its sounds like our series. Unfortunatley, we dont have a 90cc stock class,otherwise he would be racing that. We have all those purdy Pitster,Cobra's,DRR'S.....ETC. But, the TRX90/114/125 seems to always prevail with that type of racing. Hence, the reason we went with Honda. lol

miniquaddad90
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Pitster 150's and Cobras..... that aint right! We have a 125cc 4-stroke limit and I think the 2-smokes are 105cc limit. No "stock" class here either but hell, when the local OH series had a 90cc limit everone was running 114cc anyways, did NO good to protest se we joined them.....LOL

airmobile101
06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
This is what we have. Three classes:
Peewee beginner: 50cc stock or production
Peewee Intermediate: 50-70cc stock or production
Peewee Pro: 90cc-125cc stock or Production.