PDA

View Full Version : My 250r after rebuild question?

86250rbanshee
05-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey guys just installed a 67.50mm piston in the old R, before I I had the setup of splitting the stock head gaskt and using the 2 thin pcs. I had about 180psi of compression, now with the same exact setup I have 155 to 160. I have 3 gauges one reads 120, 155-160, 175. It kicks kinda hard after first first 5 kciks to check comp its tiring. It runs darn good starts great idles great. No pinging or anything I'm wondering why would I have less compression with the exact same setup I had before I did rebuild witonly thing that changed is piston? Thinking about breaking the motor in the rest of the way then trying just a thin gasket. Im trying to acquitre more bottom end for r trail riding with some steep hills.
Let me know ur thoughts. Other mods LRd pipe and silencer, Boyseen Rad Balve reed sapcer and of course the piston wiseco 67.0mm Al l compression checks were done wide open throttle by the way.

265 sleeper
05-22-2010, 01:23 AM
maybe a different head gasket thickness or your head gasket is leaking ckeck to see if plug is wett

265 sleeper
05-23-2010, 09:01 AM
did you remove the old gasket on the bottom of the cylinder and if you used a different company on a gasket set may have something to do with it . i have a metal base gasket set they mic out to .12thousands . the d&k gasket is 22thousands and some gasket meterial for your local hardware store is 30 thousands