PDA

View Full Version : Nonelinear a-arms

ikas
05-14-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.none.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=65&lang=en

Thought it seemed like a good product. Linkage and there is no change in wheel angle when the shocks are compressed. They say that they give 3.2 inch more suspension travel with stock shocks. I think it sounds wonderful. :)

protraxrptr17
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
More wheel travel with no increase in shock stroke is not good.

quadbod
05-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Them's an ugly bit of kit:confused:

flyjum
06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
More wheel travel with no increase in shock stroke is not good.

Yea long travel setup does NOT mean longer wheel travel it means the shock travels more. in relation to the wheel.

If you increase wheel travel with out adding shock travel you shocks are working alot harder and can fail. Also fine tuning is alot harder on non long travel.

They look like they would be great for TT or flat track as they are a progessive link setup.

fearlessfred
06-08-2010, 07:28 AM
try them and tell us how they work

ikas
06-08-2010, 07:30 AM
I've been thinking of buying them for my next race bike.

fearlessfred
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I did not see the part were is says there is no change in wheel angle.if u are talking about changes in camber,that is there by design and is needed to keep a flat foot print when cornering . maybe im misunderstanding u. i believe u can achieve the same results they are claiming with well tuned long travel. linkage on the rear of an oem set up is used because of the limited space and how short the shock is because of the limited space.the same results can be achieved with a longer shock and diff angle i believe this is a gimmick . but i do believe it could work well. if u try it please keep us up dated on how it works thanks fred