PDA

View Full Version : choke always on?

rtrocket59
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
yesterday i put on a block off plate so i took off my parking brake cable. so when i moved the choke, the lever would only move a quarter of the way and my idle was so high! so i lowered the idle for now but i know thats not going to fix the problem. you guys have any idea what could be wrong? thanks for the help

twincat800
05-15-2010, 11:21 AM
sounds like your cable could b twisted or maybe rusted inside the cable?

yellowzo3
05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
When I did the parking brake block off I also installed a pull choke and eliminated the whole cable setup. It's much cleaner and simpler and I've never had a problem. Fairly cheap too.

Like twincat said, you may have twisted something while taking off the parking brake parts. You didn't happen to crack any of the plastic or anything on the choke lever did you? Did you take the entire setup off the handlebars and put it back on? If so then you definitely could have twisted it around once or twice.

rtrocket59
05-17-2010, 10:03 AM
i took off the whole cable and it ended up that it was rusted inside the carb where the cable attaches to. so i took it apart cleaned everything and its as good as new now! thanks for the help guys