PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Bushings

twistdtyphoon
05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm in the process of installing an eton engine in my sons drr and need to install the upper motor mounts in the new cases. Is there any tricks to getting these in?

mydirtkids
05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Refer to the four letter dictionary:D

Try installing the front engine bolt first. I seem to be able to get more leverage to get the back mounts to bolt up. Otherwise the front bolt can be unfriendly.
Check sprocket alignment from motor to rear axle sprocket when done. You may or may not need to use shims.

fastrnrik
05-15-2010, 06:20 AM
I think he means putting the rubbers mounts from the DRR in the Eton cases.

twistdtyphoon
05-15-2010, 06:33 AM
I need to know how to get the rubber bushings into the cases. I think I found a way last night. I took a 27mm socket which fit to the outside edge of the rubber bushing and then I;m going to take a bolt slide it through the socket the bushing and the case put a large washer on the end that will be touching the case and put a nut on it and tighten it down. I think if I line it all up right that this will press the bushing in as I tighten up the nut. Anyone tried this before does it work?

TeamNeilson
05-15-2010, 05:38 PM
To get them into my son's eton frame, I put the bushings into the freezer for an hour, then warmed up the engine side gently with a torch and then it was a few taps and they were in..

The first side was easy obviously, the second side I believe I put the socket in behind it on one side (backwards) then slid the extension through the hole in the other bushing, and it was home free.

Good luck

Ryki3r
05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
What TeamNeilson but also lightly sand the opening. LOTS OF LUBE!!!:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: