PDA

View Full Version : noise from somewhere help

the4billa
05-13-2010, 09:18 PM
was riding my ltr on a track and started to notice a knocking kind of noise sounds like its coming from clutch it starts right up and revs strong took the clutch cover of spring bolts are tight any idea what might be wrong can it be a crank or tranny or something with the clutch thanks

Baracudaaa
05-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Could be rod knock, might have a piston pin or rod bearing with slop in it. If its coming from down low, probably the rod or crank bearings.

the4billa
05-16-2010, 08:04 PM
thanks for the response do you know that i took the clutch plates out to see if anything was wrong in there i cant see anything and started it but with just the basket in there no plates the noise just isnt there and the knocking was pretty loud and unmistakable its just not there what the f!!k can it be any clue

Quadprorider
05-17-2010, 09:20 AM
take the side cover off, then the clutch basket, bet the springs on the pressure plate behind the basket are egged out. thats what happend to mine had a nasty noise too so youll just need a new basket

IRONFLIGHT2
05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN RIDING THAT BIKE LIKE A B#@CH FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS AND WHEN IT WAS RIDEN LIKE IT IS SUPOSED TO BE RIDEN IT WAS JUST YELLING FOR HELP!!! LOL COULD JUST USE A NEW SET OF BALLS.

Stiles86
05-18-2010, 03:32 PM
i just lost the keyway in mine it sounded like a loud nock from the clutch side