PDA

View Full Version : looking for a map

Wills77
05-13-2010, 08:30 PM
i just got my motor back from cycle works racing tonight. and now i need a map for it. its a 08 ltr with a pcm III

Exhaust: yosh rs5 slip on
Intake: stock
Airbox: stock with lid off and alot of vents
Piston (Compression): je 12.8
Cams: cwr .420 lift intake / .400 lift exhaust duration: 266 intake / 268 exhaust
Valves: 37mm intake / 30mm exhaust
Fuel: klotz 108 or 113
A/F ratio: ?
Elevation: 500 - 1500ft above sea level central pennsylvania
Approximate Temp:

anybody with a similiar setup

hisi
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Set manual mode to 10500 on rpm and throttle at 15% 0 on fuel then hit mode button to go to edit block set this setting to 11500 rpm and throttle 75% and fuel at 3 this will get you very close to what you need. I got these settings from yoshi direct on the race set up.

09RappySe
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Just out of curiosity...why are you running race fuel? unless you just like the smell or whatever. You don't need it.

Wills77
05-23-2010, 06:32 AM
thanks for the reply but i already ditched the power commander for a dobeck that my engine builder prefers.
before i had it built it just had a 14-1 cp/venom piston so i was running klotz 113 for that but now im just running a 50/50 mix with that and 93 because thats what my builder recommended

but damn does this quad rip now!

09RappySe
05-23-2010, 07:07 AM
I would have kept the PCII, it has better adjustability than the dobeck...but either will work, as far as octane, you will actually lose power running higher octane than you need and you are within pump gas, I am running 13.3:1 at sea level on pump gas (93).

hisi
05-23-2010, 01:16 PM
race fuel with that compression is fine. Race fuel burns better and cleaner which will keep the motor cooler which will keep you from losing horsepower unlike regular fuel. Just ltting you know what we use racing and riding. Its easier on the engine but harder on the wallet

09RappySe
05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Race fuel or higher octane fuel has a slower burn rate than pump gas or lower octane fuel and by nature of slower burning has less energy by volume, it has a slower burn rate to prevent pre-ignition in high compression engines, so what you want to do is use the lowest octane fuel you can without pre-ignition occouring. higher octane fuel does not "clean" out your motor any better than low octane fuel will, that as they say is an old wives tale, if it burns better then it is most likely because you are running rich and race fuel tends to run leaner than pump gas, especially if it is oxygenated. using it when you don't need it is just a waste of money and power....but to each his own, its your money and if I don't need it I know he does not.

soapman72
05-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 09RappySe
Race fuel or higher octane fuel has a slower burn rate than pump gas or lower octane fuel and by nature of slower burning has less energy by volume, it has a slower burn rate to prevent pre-ignition in high compression engines, so what you want to do is use the lowest octane fuel you can without pre-ignition occouring. higher octane fuel does not "clean" out your motor any better than low octane fuel will, that as they say is an old wives tale, if it burns better then it is most likely because you are running rich and race fuel tends to run leaner than pump gas, especially if it is oxygenated. using it when you don't need it is just a waste of money and power....but to each his own, its your money and if I don't need it I know he does not.

This is CORRECT! Why people think race gas makes a stock, or nearly stock run better is beyond me. Unless you have a high enough compression ratio to need the higher octane, you are LOSING POWER and CASH at the same time......