PDA

View Full Version : MOTOWORKS, SPARKS compare

wild250rman
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I am looking at a couple of new exhausts for my 05 450. narrowed down to the sparks and Motoworks sr4. would like to know how they compare power,durability, maintenance etc. lower dbs., and spark arrester are a concern already have air box with a 250r k and n filter. I can pick-up the motoworks for 60.00 less than the sparks but price is of no concern if the sparks is better

CRE Performance
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I havent stacked them against each other, but I do own a Motoworks, and I have seen and rode one with a sparks.

I think the Sparks will make more power, especially in the peak, but I think it will be hard pressed to make more than one additional average HP than the motoworks. The motoworks is definitely quiter as well. About the spark arrestor, the motoworks comes with one, dont know about the sparks. I like the way my motoworks is a bit quiter, but I would trade mine for a sparks if I had the opportunity just because I like the way they sound and look.

450r07
05-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I have not personally ridden one with a motoworks but know a lot of people do. I have also not heard any bad things about the motoworks but if i had the choice i would go with a sparks they are loud but it is not an obnoxious loud. they sound awesome matter a fact that is what i will probably have before the end of the summer.

honda450rpower
05-16-2010, 02:22 AM
i run sparks mx full pipe and love it when i first got it put on and rejet and uni filter no lid the bike came to life power out the ***** like rip ur arms off power i ran it for a year racing and it beat alot of bikes off the line then pulled away... for just adding a pipe you can't beat a sparks i love mine and will never ride anything else repacking is no big deal very easy and you should do it bout every 20-30 hours but i have had mine with org. for two years with no problems....by the way best sounding pipe by far

wild250rman
05-16-2010, 08:39 AM
thanks guy's for the info helped a lot. I found a sparks low hour system believe I will send to sparks to get the new modular end cap so I can run the spark arrestor or quiet core if needed.