PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Mod/Vortex CDI, Need some info

jjv101
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Well i recently bought a 08 450r that has a Tokyo mod CDI X10 box installed. I would like some reviews and info on this as i cant not find to much info on these,also had some questions:

-What map is for what RPM range/where is it best at?
-What are the rev. limiters on each map?
-If i do hit the rev. limiter on my built motor will it harm anything?

Thanks

motofreak2772
05-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Check their site for graphs. It is probably the best cdi. Im pretty sure that is what rev limiting is for, so you dont damage the engine but as long as you are not constantly on it for long periods of time it should be fine.

jjv101
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
tried looking for a chart. havent found anything yet, or found much info from any site on it.

I know rev. limiters help so you dont damage anything but on their site it says "where required" so it kind of threw me off. and if it sets the rev. limiter higher i just wanted to make sure it wouldnt hurt anything sits it does allow it to rev higher!

hendershot106
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM
If its on a baldwin motor....you better off just calling baldwin and asking him..... he knows what he builds....and most all his bikes run vortex tokyo mods ignitions..... until the ignition fries anyway..

jjv101
05-14-2010, 08:46 PM
yeh i was going to i have alot of question for him on this bike already haha. and hes at nat. right now.

was just looking for some basic/more info on it and to be sure nothing would harm that precious engine by hitting the rev. limiter at a higher rpm