PDA

View Full Version : went in some deep water now bike wont run??

z400mike
05-13-2010, 01:10 PM
ok to make a long story short. i went to a local riding spot. and theres a part called the river that you need to get through to get to the other side. well i went through it and about half way it got deeper and i didnt know it was that deep and the whole front of the bike went under water. so i immediately got off it and pushed it back out. checked the filter and there wasnt much water there. i tried to start the bike and nothing. i tried push starting it and still nothing. when i got home i cranked it up and it started. but if i try to rev the bike it cuts off..i can accelerate it a little bit but anything past this cuts the bike off..i checked the spark plug hole and theres no type of water. i took out the spark plug and cranked it to see if any debris or water was in the cylinder. and there was nothing. so now im stuck..any ideas guys ? i would really appreciate the help!

John Noftsinger
05-13-2010, 07:28 PM
sounds like water in the carb,did muffler go under ?packing might need drying.check if waters in electrical box under seat as well.also get water out boot for choke cable to carb or it will rust.