PDA

View Full Version : 300ex megamax pipe

bcurto
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
he does anyone know ware i can pick up a fmf megamax pipe for my threehundo. either used or brand new. and what kind of jets i should run in it. thanks

beastlywarrior
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
dude they havent been made in like a fat minute. not gonna lie, i have one on my warrior and they kinda suck. your best bet is ebay. maybe 2 up on the main and youll be good

hondariderdylan
05-13-2010, 06:47 AM
yeah the powercore 4 is now the low pipe on there list that is made for everything. check ebay or maybe mailorder companys, they might have some still around.

bcurto
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
alright thanks for the input. can you take the end off of the powercore 4 pipe. and what kind of performance will it give you compared to stock pipe. i already have a DG head pipe.

tinner
05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
If your going to spend money on a pipe, you should look for something different. It (Megamax)will add power, but you can do better. If you get a great deal, fine. Otherwise shop around. I had bought one for $50.00 and a beer years back and it was the start of a serious buying spree, but I got rid of it as soon as I could upgrade and I didn't lose on the deal.

beastlywarrior
05-13-2010, 11:25 AM
the powercore is an amazing pipe and the tip is there just for looks. waayyyyy better than cobras. if it were me the hmf comp. pipe is the one to go for these days. or if you like the look of the megamax you could always look into duncan

bcurto
05-13-2010, 12:01 PM
well im stumpped between the powercore 4 and the hmf sport series. i like loud deeper tone and some power increase at the same time. im just held up on what pipe is rite for my wheeler. i had a megamax on my 250ex and loved it. but come to find out them things are extinct. i could get the HMF sport series for 255.00 of ebay and it comes with jets and spark arrestor or i could just get the FMF powercore for about the same price and its just the pipe. please help me.lol

beastlywarrior
05-13-2010, 05:35 PM
check out ebay you may still be able to find one, but the hmf is the pipe to have

KXRida
05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
If you're going to go the fmf route, factory 4.1 or nothing. The rest of their pipes are just a tone changer. Their ti powercore is next in line and offers little actual power change. Ebay is going to be your best deal by far.

m0t0xk1d
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
the 300ex sparks x4 is the way to go. trust me i run a national 300ex and nothing even compares to the sparks . sparks is cheap for a full system at $420 but WAY WORTH IT. i love mine honestly. it sounds great to. everybody who races these knows that the sparks is the way to go