PDA

View Full Version : Opinion question

Miami_Vice454
05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
so im 16 and i just got a truck and now i drive everywhere. i have always been half and half with my interest in cars and atvs but now i feel like i wanna sell my atv to buy things for my truck. do you think after awhile ill love my atv like i used to? anybody else going through this?

wow hahha i just read this back to myself and it sounds really pathetic.

Pipeless416
05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
i just got an LS1 trans am a few months ago and im going through the same thing. i have come to realize that i will never get even a fraction of what i have invested in my quad, and its paid for so its not really costing me anything besides insurance and registration. the few trips that i am able to actually make are worth that cost to me. plus, full throttle on my quad will get me in a lot less trouble than full throttle in my car ;)

honda400ex2003
05-12-2010, 07:41 PM
tough call man. I guess it would depend on how often i rode the machine for sure. if it sat for a month without thinking about it then i would sell it. if not then it is worth having around. lol. That would be how i look at it. Me personally, I would never sell my 400 for parts for a truck. lol. steve

MidnightBlade
05-12-2010, 07:49 PM
yea i know how ya feel i would keep the quad and get a better job. lol

sum12nv
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I totally understand what you are going through. I'm just now getting back into riding because when I turned 16-17 I stopped and went hard core into cars but now at age 25 im getting back into atvs "funny how that works" I currently have a extremely built 2000 trans am pushing 447 rear wheel horsepower and a 2004 Subaru WRX for my daily driver. The t/a is a complete blast to drive but driving it to its full potential on the street is becoming harder to do with others safety in mind and the law. Maybe its me being married and getting older but its things I think about now. I just bought a 04 warrior about a month ago and just picked up a 05 400ex last week. I wont ever be completely out of cars but have realized how much I miss riding since getting a quad again and have contemplated selling of my cars to get a pickup so I can haul my own stuff.

jzexrider
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Ive had my license and a truck for a year now and havent lost interest in either one. I have found that it is best to alternate which vehicle to buy for. First i got a 440 kit, then i got speakers and a head unit for the truck, then a new exhaust, wheels and tires for the 440, and then rims and tires for the truck so it works out pretty good. I still ride nearly everyday.

fromtheside88
05-12-2010, 09:28 PM
This is just my opinion. Me and my wife a few months back, and a little bit now, were going through some very very very very very rough financial times. I honestly was to the point that i didn't know what to do. I was sitting down with my wife one day, and I said "Honey, I think I might see about gettin rid of the quad, we could use the money," and she said "ARE YOU F*****G CRAZY, ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE DUMPED INTO IT ALL THE RIDING YOU DO, AND YOU JUST WANT TO UP AND SELL, I DON'T THINK SO." lol but like i said thats just me maybe she was right or maybe i just have an AWESOME wife lol sorry to hear bout that tho bro that sux my opinon keep ridin you'll miss if you give it up now

tri5ron
05-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Miami_Vice454
so im 16 and i just got a truck and now i drive everywhere. i have always been half and half with my interest in cars and atvs but now i feel like i wanna sell my atv to buy things for my truck. do you think after awhile ill love my atv like i used to? anybody else going through this?

wow hahha i just read this back to myself and it sounds really pathetic. Don't think of it as a way to "buy things for my truck".
Think of it as "It's really nice to have my own ATV in the back of my own truck".

farmboy1
05-13-2010, 09:46 AM
don't sell it. in my opinion you will regret it down the road. especially now that you have the truck to get it from point a to point b.

i'm 17 and my quad is alway at my dads. to ride it i have to drive 10 miles to my dads, and when i get there i mostly only can road ride because my dad owns 5 acres and 3 are planted in corn at the moment. but at this point in time, even if i didn't ride very much i would not sell, because i have wanted one since i was about 12, and finally got it about a year ago.
also i ahve a car, which makes moving my quad around a little more difficult. but don't sell it to buy stuff for your truck, just work alot over the summer, and budget what money goes toward the truck, and what goes to the quad.

farmboy1
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by fromtheside88
but like i said thats just me maybe she was right or maybe i just have an AWESOME wife lol

Thinking you have an awesome wife. Truth be known i'm sure you found a rare breed. i just hope to find a wife one day like that. lol

rynb15
05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
its just because you just started driving and its new to you. It will wear off soon(maybe) and you will miss the quad. And you only mod muscle cars, not trucks :)

erik420
05-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Dude... don't sell your quad...you will hate yourself for doing it!!! Imo modding a truck especially if its a daily driver is a waste of money... just keep it maintained properly and drive it like you stole it... that's what I do...lol...plus having a truck should open up more riding spots and ridding buddys... what ever you choose to do just have fun with it...

Miami_Vice454
05-13-2010, 02:51 PM
lol one guy had it right, im definitely not gonna sell my atv just do like one guy said, buy parts for atv, then for truck then atv, etc. thats a really good idea. i actually wanna ride this weekend lmao. thx guys

farmboy1
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
that's the idea that i go by. if somthing breaks on the quad then fix it, instead of modding the truck.... and visa versa. Great idea huh?

and now that school is about out for both of us it will open up more riding time for you and i and also more time to work and make money.

You will have days where you want to ride, then days that you just want to hang out with your buddies and drive around in your truck....... Every teenagers mindset.
lol have funn with both
i'm going riding after school today too. lmao

jzexrider
05-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Im graduating too. We need to make this a seniors only page (NO SENIOR CITIZENS). I asked for more hours this summer so I can get that cash money flowin in and start spendin. SENIORS 2010!!!!!

Miami_Vice454
05-14-2010, 08:00 PM
ahhh chill with the senior thing dude im only a sophmore lol. i feel so little in the parking lot cause they all seniors and juniors. lmao im like the first sophmore to drive haha. CLASS OF 2012!!!!!!

farmboy1
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
lol wish i was a senior. still one more year.