PDA

View Full Version : CR250 Tire

ATVMX33
05-12-2010, 04:52 PM
What is the best MX tire for a cr250? Nothing too much money though...
Thanks

JR3
05-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
What is the best MX tire for a cr250? Nothing too much money though...
Thanks

i ran mx dunlops on my crf and recently switched to michellin starcross best tire ive ever ridden on hooks and corners unreal i would like to try the kenda millville but im lovin the starcross for now

mjc597
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
i'm running the michelin starcross on the front n rear of my 05 cr250. things work great on all kinds of dirt!!

jesseweaver
05-12-2010, 09:13 PM
X3 on the starcrosses. i used to have the kenda millvilles and i didn't really like them. the starcrosses are perfect for the tracks around here. especially the front, thats the biggest difference i noticed. it just bites and it makes it easier to put the front end where you want it

you gonna race the bike at all later this year? you should go over to pagoda with me sometime when your good to ride again that tracks a lot of fun.

ATVMX33
05-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
X3 on the starcrosses. i used to have the kenda millvilles and i didn't really like them. the starcrosses are perfect for the tracks around here. especially the front, thats the biggest difference i noticed. it just bites and it makes it easier to put the front end where you want it

you gonna race the bike at all later this year? you should go over to pagoda with me sometime when your good to ride again that tracks a lot of fun.

yeah man...ill let you know when im riding again and ill do a race at pagoda

how long do the starcrosses last?

jesseweaver
05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
i got my rear last summer and its still pretty good i think im gonna finish out this year with it. and i got my front for this year and thats still really good im hoping i can get halfway through next year with that. i ride at trevorton quite a bit and that coal rips them up pretty good, im impressed with how long they last with riding up there that much.

ATVMX33
05-13-2010, 12:10 PM
sweet thanks man

KXRida
05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Starcrosses are pretty much all I used to run until I went with pirelli. Basically an identical tire to the MH3 but I can get them at half the price of a starcross. I'm not big on the dunlops. They are absolutely hands down the best tire... for about 10 laps. After that they're garbage. I had big hopes for the geomax 31/51 and wasn't impressed. Ended up shredding one in 2 rides. I ran a few of the millvilles and they were so-so. Nothing that really won me over. I ripped the center blocks off very easily on them. I run the Pirelli Scorpion Mx Xtra MXMH which is the harder compound. Can't beat what I pay for them as well.

jesseweaver
05-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Starcrosses are pretty much all I used to run until I went with pirelli. Basically an identical tire to the MH3 but I can get them at half the price of a starcross. I'm not big on the dunlops. They are absolutely hands down the best tire... for about 10 laps. After that they're garbage. I had big hopes for the geomax 31/51 and wasn't impressed. Ended up shredding one in 2 rides. I ran a few of the millvilles and they were so-so. Nothing that really won me over. I ripped the center blocks off very easily on them. I run the Pirelli Scorpion Mx Xtra MXMH which is the harder compound. Can't beat what I pay for them as well.

hook us up!

KXRida
05-14-2010, 09:48 AM
buy as much stuff as I do from the local shops and they will lol