PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild

450R NOOB
05-12-2010, 04:06 PM
For my graduation project I'm doing a rebuild on my 450. I'm doing crank, piston, valves if their worn, bearings(don't know which ones other than main), and seals. I have read a lot about cranks and the hot rod cranks are good but the bearings are bad if I remember right. So does a connectiong rod come with the crank shaft, is the stroker crank worth the extra $, what bearings do I need to change, and which seals do I need to change. Are there anymore parts I shoud go ahead and change while I'm in the engine, and what tools will I need to take it apart but also to put it back together.

DnB_racing
05-13-2010, 10:21 AM
do your clutch and all hoses Im not sure if the 05 had the judder springs in them but if they did get rid of them and do the clutch mod with heavey duty springs it gives you almost as good a clutch as a high end one for next to no money

wckedclownz69
05-13-2010, 02:46 PM
well i just rebuilt mine.. the new hotrods updated crank comes drop in...I have it and oem bearrings.. (no problems so far).. buy a complete bearring and seal kit for your motor.. (pretty cheap)..I have hot cam stage 2 (amazing).. and i really recommend a cp piston.. mine was well worth the buy...you will need a top end gasket kit (got one for 25 bucks).. oh ya and the number one thing you will need is your manual.. best thing invented..tools off the top of my head you will need valve decompresser (if your doing your valves)... rachet and wrench set.. screwdrivers.. a puller... loctite... torque wrench..theres more but can't think right now