PDA

View Full Version : 87 250r

Suzuki Quad
05-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi all! I'm new to this forum. I just picked up an 87 LT250R with a burned piston. I put in a new Wiseco piston and rings. Got it put back in the frame. I hooked up my radiator hoses and started to fill er up and it started leaking out of a hole just behind the water pump cover on the bottom of the case. The hole looks factory and not a crack. Any ideas from you guys??? Thanks...

DWR270
05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
That's the weep hole for the water pump. At very least you have a bad water pump mechanical seal. When replacing the seal make sure the impeller shaft and bearing are not worn.

And the bolt is left hand threaded on the impeller.

Suzuki Quad
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I put in a new impeller and the rubber washer that goes on the left handed bolt. The spring and seal behind the impeller could be bad?? Thanks...

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes, that spring and seal is the mechanical seal. They are notorious for not lasting real long on the LT. But certainly if you take the water pump apart, you have to replace the mechanical seal. ;)

Suzuki Quad
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey thanks for the help!! My brain told me to just replace it when I was putting in the impeller but, it looked ok. Thats what I get!!! Thanks again...