PDA

View Full Version : ATV riding pants

Aarons 01 400EX
05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for.

I'm looking at the Answer Rockstar Mode pants that RM has on clearance, but I'm sure of how they fit. Do they run big/small? long/short?

I like the baggy over the boot fit, but do these wear faster than the regular riding pants? Any input is appreciated.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-15-2010, 11:14 PM
So no one owns riding pants?

goldfish
05-16-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a pair of no fear pants.

I wear 32 waist size in every other pair of pants I own, but couldn't squeeze into the size 32 riding pants, so I had to up it to 34.

Not sure if that applies to all brands..just my experience

yellowzo3
05-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Here's a link to them so everyone can see the pants he's talking about.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=closeout&webTypeId=105&navTitle=Apparel-MX+Gear&webCatId=1&keyword=ANSWER+ROCKSTAR+MODE&prodFamilyId=24762

You might already know this but, those kinds of riding pants aren't great for aggressive riding in the woods and stuff. The material is weaker and will rip, not to mention if a tree whips you you'll feel it much more than you would with regular riding pants.

Those pants look to have the same "buckle" regular riding pants have so they are somewhat adjustable.

**Just checked Answer's site and it says this about those pants

-Side waist adjusters can reduce waist size up to 2'' to provide a custom fit.

Scro
05-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I always get the size that I wear in jeans, and don't have a problem.

MX MaNiAc 06
05-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I always get the size that I wear in jeans, and don't have a problem.

I got a pair of shift pants in the same size i wear in jeans (32) and the pants are way too small.

Canadian144
05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I wear a size 34 in jeans and almost all other pants, but my Fox 360 pants are a size 36, and when I first got them I couldn't even do the zipper up all the way.

Luckily they inspired me to get back into shape... I've cut the junk food/pop and have been working out everyday since hockey ended for the past few weeks.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Here's a link to them so everyone can see the pants he's talking about.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=closeout&webTypeId=105&navTitle=Apparel-MX+Gear&webCatId=1&keyword=ANSWER+ROCKSTAR+MODE&prodFamilyId=24762

You might already know this but, those kinds of riding pants aren't great for aggressive riding in the woods and stuff. The material is weaker and will rip, not to mention if a tree whips you you'll feel it much more than you would with regular riding pants.

Those pants look to have the same "buckle" regular riding pants have so they are somewhat adjustable.

**Just checked Answer's site and it says this about those pants

-Side waist adjusters can reduce waist size up to 2'' to provide a custom fit.

I've been riding aggressively in the woods with the same pair of Adidas pants for 6 years and finally had to retire them last fall. I hope these handle the woods the same or better than my nylon Adidas pants. I was told these run true to size, so I got my normal size.

buck440
05-17-2010, 02:51 PM
i just got last week thor core gear and man do them pants fit like a glove. fit to my pant size

tayyo789
05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I have No Fear Combat pants. They are pretty comfortable, but I had to buy a size larger. They have the zip offs too which is nice in Oregon where the weather changes every half hour

05-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I always order a size up from what I wear in jeans. I wear a 32 jean but 34 ride pants.

jkiserracing
05-17-2010, 09:28 PM
I can tell you real quick. On the Answer gear, go a size bigger than your jeans size or you will be sending them right back.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
I can tell you real quick. On the Answer gear, go a size bigger than your jeans size or you will be sending them right back.

I hope not, because they told me they run true to size. So I ordered my normal size.

jkiserracing
05-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah. I hope not too. My Answer stuff has always seemed to run a little small and I have ordered it for 3 years. However I haven't ever ordered the mode gear so it might not.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Or i can work my butt off in the gym the next 4 days and drop an inch or 2 around my waist. I have enough to spare.. lol

goldfish
05-18-2010, 01:00 PM
OR..

You could cancel your order. Then re-order the next size up and go have a cheeseburger and a beer.

Now tell me which would you really rather do

Aarons 01 400EX
05-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Go to the gym, because I need it. High blood pressure and Cholesterol meds are forcing me too.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Got my pants and they do fit true to size. They are a bit snug, but I just need to break them in a little to fit better. I love that the convert to shorts too!!! Lots of pockets with zippers.

They are a little longer than I like, maybe I can take them to a seamstress and have them shortened, because I'm not going to grow 2 inches.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-23-2010, 01:45 PM
So here is my review of them:
I wear 40/42" waist by 30/32 length jeans.

Fit good around the waist, but made for some about 6'4". They zip off easily and the shorts by them are stylish. I rolled them up several times and the zipper kept coming down and the pants were falling off my hips. I tightened up the sides and the finally felt good while riding. Then the front were it buckles together fell apart. Two pieces of plastic on the left side seperated.

I'm calling RMATV first thing in the morning.