PDA

View Full Version : Gearing for running Kart tires

Three-foot
05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I am setting up a DRR 90 for flat track and see that many of the national minis are running Kart wheels and tires. I have the hubs and wheels and tires. I was just wondering what gearing to run with the touch smaller tires?
Thanks!

05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
You want to run 1 to 1 on gearing. So if your front is a 23 your rear should be a 23. Hope this helps.

#404's Dad
05-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Three-foot
I am setting up a DRR 90 for flat track and see that many of the national minis are running Kart wheels and tires. I have the hubs and wheels and tires. I was just wondering what gearing to run with the touch smaller tires?
Thanks!

Originally posted by tgcheeseman
You want to run 1 to 1 on gearing. So if your front is a 23 your rear should be a 23. Hope this helps.

Ok obviously your engine, pipe, rider weight and track size and condition are all going to play into your gearing choice, there is no set in stone or generic one choice is the same for all gearing set up.

I cannot say I have seen too many running "1 to 1" at the Nationals the last two years, not that there are not some doing it but I always noticed one or the other being larger than the other.

Hope this helps a little

05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Oh well thats a good start hes refering to over driving the machine with a 24 front 23 rear or so on. But 1 to 1 is a great start. Try this if you need to over drive over drive your set up. Theres alot of people running 1 to 1 or a tooth or two bigger on the front. I hope this helps you out.

Three-foot
05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks for both the replies. I have heard from other sources that the 1 to 1 was the way to go. It just seemed a bit wierd? We are running the ZTR sprockets, so making a quick change is not a big deal. I was just mostly looking for a good starting place. I know that 19 to 27 works real good for a short 300' straight shot with 18 Snow Hogs. We can start with a 1 to 1 and see how our times work out and go from there. Thanks for the help and I hope to hear from others with their suggestions!

Reimer Racing
05-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Give me a call I will walk you through some set ups. Alot of info way to much to type. 716 574 9674 Paul

Three-foot
05-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the offer to help. What would be a good time to call? I don't want to call at a busy time for you.
Thanks again, Three-foot