PDA

View Full Version : newb to banshees quick ?

bubba1114
05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about the trinity racing cheetah kits for the banshees. looked all over google but couldnt find anything that really tells what their capable of or if their strictly drag motors and all the. if you could point me in the right direction i would appreciate that.

lukey
05-11-2010, 11:15 PM
they make higher rpms and hp no good for the trails they love to be wot all the time and you need to bore the cases out to fit.you need to use a bigger stronger crank also.:D

lukey
05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
the cheetah cub has smaller reeds like the stock banshee for more low end and easier on gas than the cheetah. they all have a mild drag porting to them to.

bubba1114
05-12-2010, 07:47 AM
So what your saying is itd be better to get a BB kit? its pry gonna be driven more on trails and dunes so idk what to get?

Hondamaster5505
05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Cheetahs aren't just top end, well, cheetah cubs I should say.

You can get stock stroke cheetah cubs, they don't have to be stroker.

Basically, the porting design is better. So instead of acting like a port job on stock cylinders, it's just a better flowing and preforming port design overall.

But it's hard to say.. because dunes and trails are completely different.

For dunes, i would say get a 4mm stroker crank, with some cheetah cub cylinders to make it a 421. That would pull REALLY hard and have a nice mid-top pull for the dunes.

But for trails, you're better off with just getting your cylinders trail ported.

lukey
05-12-2010, 11:21 PM
well i never tried out any cheetahs or cub yet . last yer i bot a used banshee with a blown engine all stock with a bent crank. i got the Vito 421 4mm combo kit they look like Athena cylinders . drag ported with larger water jackets power pistons . lot better than stock it was a direct bolt on . 35mm keihins put in 185 mains in and vf3 reeds had to crank the timing to +8 minimum or it detonates into the exhaust. t5 pipes . 24cc domes hemi head II and i run pump gas I have about 50 hrs on it and i still have 160 psi comp. I have a couple old banshees for parts they were free .when it was stock with just pipes i kicked a raptors ***.:D i think its best to start cheap and work your way up with the stock stuff . I'm out

bubba1114
05-12-2010, 11:39 PM
ok cool. thanks for the advice. id pry be using it more in trails. only becuse im not a dunes kind of person. thanks again

bubba1114
05-12-2010, 11:43 PM
oh and another question. a lil off topic but does anyone know if you can convert a shee to efi? or has anyone done it? i personally think itd be pretty cool to do if it could be done

lukey
05-12-2010, 11:46 PM
yes you can i seen it online someplace his banshee makes 95hp on e85 fuel

Hondamaster5505
05-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Yes, there's a bolt-on EFI kit, if you're willing to spend $4000 on it:eek2:

bubba1114
05-13-2010, 10:28 AM
oh wow. i want to build a bada** motor but not for that much. lmao

2001warriorman
05-14-2010, 02:36 PM
A cheetah can come with power valves which will greatly improve bottem/mid but its still alot of money and way much for the trails. A cub is still alot for the trails but more capable they are more drag oriented it seems like, a super cub is just a waste of money imo, to big of a bore for the size intake is what ive been told. A vitos kit seems to do good for a trail/play bike especially if you get the cylinders done up for bottem end power.

If you want a mean bike what id do is Id get a 4mm stroker crank itll give you lots of tourque and power, and possibly even 68mm big bore sleeve and get it ported for wherever you want. You could even run blaster pistons but you need different domes ect.. Ive seen more then one 4 mill bike in the trails :cool: