PDA

View Full Version : Ds 450 not starting

ds450xracer
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I put my practice bike together and when i turn it over i am only getting a faint spark on the first revolution. I checked the key ignition and the on and off kill switch and it was neither of those. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas?
Thanks

allbones512
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
You more than likely blew a fuse. If you sent your wire harness to BCS Performance they will take off all the fuses and unnecessary wires.

TNT
05-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Nah if he blew a fuse he have no spark at all. I'd check the main relay(middle) since the battery sends power to it to the fuse to the primary side of both coils. Bad ignition wire(s) maybe...ECM puts both coils to ground, check grounds. Since the ECM uses crank speed and RPM once the motor is turning it could be a CPS but unlikely. Also bad coil(s) not stepping up voltage.

Letme know there are other things we can look at in more depth like output voltage checks of the coils, testing the CPS, etc... :D

florentino
05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ds450xracer
I put my practice bike together and when i turn it over i am only getting a faint spark on the first revolution. I checked the key ignition and the on and off kill switch and it was neither of those. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas?
Thanks

are you getting spark on both coils?

are your plugs new?

can you hear the fuel pump?

what do you mean by puting your bike together?

ds450xracer
05-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Found the problem, the plug that plugs into the top of the throttle body and the one that plugs into the green bosch sensor are the same, so swithced those and it works