PDA

View Full Version : Long or short pilot jets

dudemc
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I bought pilot jets for my 400 from rocky mountain and it was longer than the stock one. I didn't think much about it and seen on another website the other day that theirs a short and a long both are for 400ex's didn't know if it matter or not. Also I seen where theres a aftermarker F/A screw for 450 carbs that makes it easy to adjust is there one for the 400 carb tried looking but can't find anything.

bherriman
05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Long or short will work it doesn't matter...both the pilot jets are the same length from the threads to the opening of the jet (small end) the only difference is on is longer on the big end (end with the slot for screw driver)

CarGuy7a
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
There isn't any aftermarket a/f screws for the 400 stock carb.

You can get a Motion Pro 90 degree screw driver to adjust the a/f screw a whole lot easier. I have one of them and they are nice.

I picked up a flexible screw driver kit from harbor freight for something else I was working on and it would probably work on the 400 carb as well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/screwdrivers/33-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-93916.html