PDA

View Full Version : Battery Issue ,,, Help Please

andiboy123
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I can use some help here... I’m having some issues with my battery, have a full charge battery and in just 10 minutes its drain completely, thinking that was a bad battery I got a new one, it did the same, do the DS have come charging method, my stator is new because I had to replace it bc of the bolt issue. Could it be a bad relay that could be draining the battery? HELP PLEASE!!!

TNT
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I was having this problem and just today was shocked to figured out I have had not only one but two bad batteries in my possession that won’t hold the charge from the mag or load…..Here was I put on another thread for a guy having this issue…..

The battery provides supplemental power and helps maintain steady power to all the electronic and electrical components on the quad, if it is not charged the quad will not run. First thing to check if the battery is not charging is the 20 amp charging fuse(under seat), if it is blown the quad runs on battery power only until it dies. The rectifier could be the cause of a blown fuse, if it continues to blow then check for defective wires between the fuse and rec connector. If the fuse does not blow, replace the rec and see if the batt charges. Other causes can be loose or oxidized batt post, bad solenoid connects, bad battery won’t keep charge, loose or bad engine and chassis grounds, faulty wiring or stator.

andiboy123
05-10-2010, 08:56 PM
i check fuses, grounds, i only have to replace relays, also check all conectors, clean them with contact cleaner and grease them.. lets see

andiboy123
05-10-2010, 08:58 PM
also you call rectifier to what part of the quad?

TNT
05-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Under the plastic is the rectifer/voltage regulator, aluminum w/cooling fins. It recieves AC from the stator converts to DC regulates it then passes it through the 20 amp fuse if you have one, then to the noid/battery....you could do voltage checks on the path...it's probably the rectifer is bad.

andiboy123
05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
i check everything today,
1- from the stator comes out 2 set of wires one goes to the plug that power up the coils, the other one goes to the front of the air box,3 yellow wires those goes directly to the rectifier, engine is starting so the wires that goes to the coil are working. checking the ohm on the rectifier they gave me 4.5 to 4.8 ohm where the 3 yellow wires conect.
2- after cheking the rectifier i check the 3 wires gaving me 0 ohm

tomorow the mech is taking apart the stator he tinks that the circuit for the coils are working but the circuit of 3 yellows wires that goes to the rectifier are not sending any electic signal

so i migth have to get me for the 2 time a stator...

now if you are able or anyone chek the rectifier and see how many ohm you get out of the plug.

thanks to anyone that help!!

TNT
05-13-2010, 12:52 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/ANIBOY.jpg

andiboy123
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TNT
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/ANIBOY.jpg

SO IF I DO USE A TESTER FOR HOT WIRES COMING OUT OF THE STATOR THEY WONT GAVE ME ANY LIGTH BC IS AC NOY DC? I ORDER TODAY THE REC , FOUND ONE ON EBAY NEW AND CHEAP.
NOW, IM NOT GETTING ANY VOLTAGE OUT OF THE R/Y WIRE, BC THERE IS NO ELECTICITY COMMING OUT OF THE REC.

I HOPE IS THAT, THAT WILL BE AN EASY FIX JEJJE

TNT
05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
You got it Rockstar! :D Manual says 3 phase out of the Stat now that I think of it I believe that is 220V, two 110 wires and a ground. AC is used in your house but it is 110V usually 14 gage black wire, white nuetral thats a common wire and ties everything back to the polemain outside incase of lightening strike(keeps house fire away), a bare ground wire, for 15 amp breakers. Sometimes you have 220 AC in the house to run heavy equipment...most generators put out AC like stats/alternators due to way the electricty in generated/created by coil winding's with three induced circuit pickups( voltage surges @ 60, 120, 240 degree to the armature....To measure it you put the volt meter to 220 AC check the two 110 lines to ground....your house check the black hot and nuetral white or ground like at the wall outlet.

The AC(alternating current) is converted to DC(direct current) or a different type of wavelength and frequency. Single DC(hot wire and ground) vs AC alternating.....I think the word alternating means if you graph it alternates from + to - values vs DC just + ..thats why you switch the knob on the volt meter to AC so you measure the correct wave signal.

Sounds like the rec is your problem, hope it is.

T

andiboy123
05-14-2010, 10:31 PM
now you talj my language hehehe, i work as an architectural draftman,
hope you hit a homerun!!!

andiboy123
05-27-2010, 04:12 PM
hey tnt i got the rec today and is not working so i think is the stator, i took it apart today and nothing seems to be wrong..