PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a dumb question..

tyyllleeeerrrrr
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
On my 04' 450r I cannot seem to get the front plastics to stay together. I just bought brand new o.e.m. white plastics and a quad tech hood. Everything seemed to be mounted good and sturdy but I just took it for a ride yesterday and they were flopping around like no other. I have the bolts into the gas tank, the bolts below the gas tank, and i have the radiator sheild plastic peice in where it should be. WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!

Thanks, Tyler

Scro
05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
There is one more bolt on each side that you are missing. There should be one just below fender, towards the front. The bolt will go through the outside metal piece, the fender and shroud, and then bolt to a metal bracket underneath the hood. If you don't have this bolt in, the plastics are very unsturdy. It's #19 on the parts diagram.

tyyllleeeerrrrr
05-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Ok Scro, in the garage i just found part numbers 10 and 11. I think that is what your talking about. Now I cant figure out by the parts scheme picture how these peices go on.

p.s. this was my first atv tear down and rebuild as you may be able to tell. haha

Thanks, Tyler

Scro
05-10-2010, 06:11 PM
#11 goes behind the fender shroud, and bolts to the frame. One side will be held on by the same bolt that holds the radiator on. The other end bolts to the frame, on the cross member that the shocks bolt to.

#10 goes on the outside of the shroud, kind of up underneath the fender. The front part of this bracket is held on by #19, which bolts to the hole in the #11 piece. The back part of this bracket is held on by a bolt that goes in from the other side of the shroud (you will see threads from the bolt when you have the plastic installed.

Then there is another bolt that screws into #10, that holds the actual fender in place.

Take pictures next time:p

tyyllleeeerrrrr
05-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks Scro, you always seem to find a way to help out!

I'll post some pictures in the 450r section.

Tyler