PDA

View Full Version : quad 360 backflip!!

mxpimp2000
05-09-2010, 11:10 PM
besides the subject does anyone ever get tired of the same track (MX riders) no matter if they add or remove certain sections its still the same track?

lately ive been really bored and not really even wanting to go ride. im thinking its because i only have 1 local track and ive raced it striaght for 2 seasons. they made some few changes this year but its basically the same track. I dont want to get burnt out on the sport because i love it but i just cant figure it out. I raced my first national race at ballance and had a real fun time. It is also a local track for me but they never have any local races. They only have the ATVA and a few LL qualifiers for bikes...

I cant afford all the nats but if i have to keep riding this same local track i feel like im gonna just hang it up. sure you can be a super fast rider at that track but you gotta ride different tracks to be fast all around.

Anyone else ever feel this way?:confused:

Brad77
05-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Im sure anyone could get a little burned out on riding the same track all the time.
What about practices at other tracks. Even if requires driving a bit?
Not really sure how local your track is to you, but I know there are a lot of riders on here that do not have a track anywhere around their area. Some riders Im sure gave up riding because of not having a track at all. What really sucks is if you have a track not far from you and you can't ride on it because its a "bike only" track.
I don't really have a local track. There is one that is never prepped and its a backyard style track. The nearest prepped track is about 1 hr 45 min drive for me.

jesseweaver
05-10-2010, 10:54 AM
yea man consider yourself lucky, if i wanna practice i usually have to drive at least an hour and a half. theres 2 tracks about 45 mins from me but they're both just race tracks

mxpimp2000
05-10-2010, 10:54 AM
i have a track thats basically walking distance from my house but its bikes only. they have 3 sweet tracks but no quads allowed. my local track i race at is 35mins from me.

heres a pic of the bike only track:

mxpimp2000
05-10-2010, 10:55 AM

One_Bad_400
05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
i started to get burnt out. so i moved to bikes untill i blew my bike motor up. now i'm back on my quad, untill i get the bike runnig. it blew up probably 8 months ago =/

and actually the only time i've ridden my quad in the last few months was for pell city national. other then that i've been on my BMX bike

slightlybent47
05-10-2010, 11:39 AM
It’s a shame because some of these bike only tracks are missing out on some descent revenue from the quad community. I know that it’s all about the numbers and the bikes have way more riders then we do. But I think if they would at least have a quad only day once a month or even have one day where the bikes and the quads can rotate every 30 minuets so the quads can get some track time, they would have more income.

We have
Splendora race park – 40 miles – limited quad use, they have one mx track and one pee wee track and a UTV track and a two lane 1/8 mile dirt drag strip with light tree.

Three palms extreme race park – 30 miles – quads 7 days a week, they have one main track one river track and two pee wee tracks, one free stile track, and a woods track and a ama supper cross stile track.

290 race way - 30 miles – quads every last weekend of the month, only one track.

Cornerstone race park – 30 miles – quad racing only, they have only one track.

Creek side edge – 40 miles – quads on Sunday only, they have two tracks.

High lands mx park – 40 miles – limited quad use, they have two tracks.

Everything else is 200 + miles away.

These tracks have realized that there is money too be made by letting quads ride.

Brad77
05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i have a track thats basically walking distance from my house but its bikes only. they have 3 sweet tracks but no quads allowed. my local track i race at is 35mins from me.

35 min is not bad at all. There used to be a track that was 50 min from me but it closed. I live an hour and 15 min away from the Echeconnee track but its race only and only opens up like 7 times a year.
Hey have you actually spoken with the owner of the bike track that close by? If its that close to you and they have 3 seperate tracks maybe he might cut you a little slack.

mxpimp2000
05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
35 min is not bad at all. There used to be a track that was 50 min from me but it closed. I live an hour and 15 min away from the Echeconnee track but its race only and only opens up like 7 times a year.
Hey have you actually spoken with the owner of the bike track that close by? If its that close to you and they have 3 seperate tracks maybe he might cut you a little slack.

yea he once use to let quads ride then it went to week days quads could ride now its NO QUADS period dont even ask basically. he said the local quad riders that have no respect ruint it for the best of us. he said some atv riders would hogg the beginner track and run bikes off the tracks. esp the little kids. so he is pretty set on no quads

sunco
05-10-2010, 05:41 PM
try livin in New Jersey w/ a quad.

Lets see there...........no

and .........

and.......

oh yea ...........

never mind.............

and..................WTF off to PA again :mad: