PDA

View Full Version : 2006 yfz bearing carrier stock? or after market.

florentino
05-09-2010, 06:29 PM
so my bearing carrier is gone. what do you guys recomend.

what do you think of the lone star carrier?

mxpimp2000
05-09-2010, 07:47 PM
i picked up one of these over the winter and its still holding up great. i race mx so its taken abuse and good for the $$$

i tried to post a link but its not working. go to ebay and type in yfz450 carrier. its buy it now $116.95 free shipping brand new from ECATV

florentino
05-09-2010, 10:10 PM
i think thats the one i was looking today on ebay.
i am not a big fan of ebay i will try that one. there is one on motosport.com lone star for 170.
and thanks for all your help.
i race mx too i am 31 years old and i race in california and i am going thru the bike from scrach.
i also race my stock ds and its not to bad other then a broken frame. i like the ltrs they feel good. but i dont like that 3rd gear going all the time. and the yamaha has been bullet proof .. i have a least 200 hours. one bottom end and 4 top ends.

mxpimp2000
05-09-2010, 10:15 PM
ECATV are good ppl they wont screw u on ebay. u can even call them and order it if u dont want to mess with ebay.

the LSR carriers u see for 170 is the lowest quality carriers that lsr makes and they are for recreation and once u start beating and bangin them they might break. the ECATV ones have a lifetime warranty on the housings not the bearings.

refused69
05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by florentino
so my bearing carrier is gone. what do you guys recomend.

what do you think of the lone star carrier?

i have a houser and i love it!
http://www.houser-racing.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Yamaha+YFZ450

florentino
05-12-2010, 07:49 PM
so i whent with the lone star billet for $210 cause i can get it in 2 days or next day .. i really wanted the ones from ebay but but i call the guy and say 5 to 7 days and i have a race this week.
p s i was 2nd in the hole shot on my last race and i dont know how cause the carrier was trash. at first it felt like a bent axel in the air. no wonder why it suck in the tunrs too.

thanks for all the help guys. i really like to do home work on the things i buy and this will also help more riders