PDA

View Full Version : FUNNY STORY (very long)

fromtheside88
05-09-2010, 02:03 PM
So yesterday me and my bro in-law were supposed to go for a trail ride out by his house. So I call him at like 6:30am and he tells me that he can't go because he got called in for the night shift so he was goin to sleep all day. I said alright and went to my parents to get my quad (since i live in an apt complex). I asked my brother if he wanted to go and he said he had to leave (man this day just keeps gettin better). So i called another buddy and he said he didn't want to go but he knew someone who would. I call him and he told me he would go in a coupla hours or so and to call him back then. So while I was waitin i figured i would do an oil change since i know it hadn't had one in a long long long long time (trust me i knwo thats not a good thing lol). When I finally got all the oil drained out of it I started to poor a quart of semi synthetic 10w-40 oil, pretty much the most expensive brand that place had, but what i failed to realize is that i forgot to put the damn bolt back in the oil coolers and didn't realize it until about half a quart through it. By now we are sitting at about 11:00am. I finally get the oil and oil filter all squared away called my buddy back and he said to give him like another coupla hours and he should be good to go. At this point i am getting very very antsy to start ridin but dont' want to go alone because the trails i wanted to go on i really didn't know all that well and didn't want to get myself into a situation i couldn't get out of. So in the mean time i also decided that i would clean my air filter. I got the k&n filter clean sprayed it down let it sit and washed it out put it back in the quad, went to put the seat back on and couldn't get it to latch down (very pissed at this point). My dad comes outside to see whats goin on and said that the way the airbox was sittin in the quad wasnt the right way and wasn't lettin the seat latch. So i take about another 20 mins to get that fixed go to put the seat back on and realize that the only thing i was doin wrong was puttin the damn air box lid on backwards. I called my buddy and he said that he wasn't goin to go (i'm shooting fire out my ears at this point). Finally 3:00pm i say screw and go for a ride down by the creek and figured i would take a lil road ride on my way there, I am literally 20ft from being out of town 9my parents live 1/2 mile from the city limits), I get pulled over by the town cop, who then tells me, after I start arguing with him about how much bullsh** this is, and he tells me i can either take a ticket or go home. I go home put the quad in the garage get in my truck, go home, take a shower, and go to bed (it's 5:30pm by the way). Anyone else ever have these days? Thanks for readin

Duf6
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I seem to have days like that pretty often,sucks.

CJM
05-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Thats a pretty bad day, I just had one like it.

Drove all the way to a PA from NJ (2.5 hours) to a state forest trail.

Get there and everythings going good, we mess around in a parking area (only ones where besides some guys who parked and rode onto the trail) and we go to the trailhead.

Realize trail is nothing but ROCKS and I mean ALOT of rocks! Ok, riding along I notice my friend is stopped. Wait for him to go and he isnt moving, get off and he tells me his quad wont start.

We all stop (all 4 of us) and try and figure out wtf is wrong. Give up and he loads up and goes home (we took 2 trucks thankfully).

3 of us continue to ride and try and find places with no rocks, this is impossible on this trail system. One guy gets stuck in mud and a guy with a griz and winch and both of us drag him out.

After a bad day we pack up and go home.

BEST PART! Sunday we tear his quad apart, think the HG failed and find the timing chain tensioner is kaput. Decide to rebuild.

BESTEST PART! Monday I go to start mine up, wtf is smoking!!! Debate for 3 days wtf to do and tear it down. Discover piston and bore is not in spec..rebuild is now underway. All of that AFTER I had a dealer tune my carb and it ran great!